1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any users of the 1970's Maestro Full Range Booster Fuzz?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MatronMother, Jun 4, 2018.

1. MatronMother

MatronMother

Jun 22, 2009
    Holy timbits, this pedal soars on bass. I am completely impressed by this desktop effect.
    2 x 9v batteries is pretty cool too.
    Grabbed this from a client to resell if for them and ended up buying it myself.
    (I sell gear for pickers outside the realm of audio gear know how and in exchange I get TONS of gear to try out and film for our 2019 vintage gear youtube series.
    Anyway...I was curious if any TB'ers have used this pedal on Bass.
    I am running it with lots of Crunch from the Sound City 120 R and am completely floored by the combination of these.
    I am playing a active Ibanez SR390. Really slick bass that turns some heads :)

History of my obsession with Fuzz. I am hard pressed to say there are many effects made before 2010 that I did not try out.

Attached Files:

2. jchrisk1

jchrisk1 Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Northern MI
    Very cool. Is that the one that gets the tuba sound? I recently watched a video on a maestro fuzz pedal that gets that sound but can't remember what it was called. Or where I saw it.

3. MatronMother

MatronMother

Jun 22, 2009
    Maestro Fuzz-Tone FZ-1 is the pedal you are thinking of. Great pedal as well.
    I think there is a reissue of this pedal but have not seen a reissue first hand.