1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any VOX AC100 Emulations out there?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thedane, Feb 28, 2013.

1. thedane

thedane

Sep 25, 2011
    Hi all,

Does anyone know of any software emulations of the VOX AC100 amp besides the one that KORG/VOX has going on in their stuff?

Or if that's the only one - does anyone know if they "improved" it any since they first introduced it in the KORG PANDORA Series?

THANKS!

2. thedane

thedane

Sep 25, 2011
    Hmmm....maybe not a very popular topic...

3. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Umm... Maybe give it a minute?

4. thedane

thedane

Sep 25, 2011
    Haha! - I mean that I spent a few hours looking through the forum and it seems that software amp sims don't seem to be a very popular topic! I can see why though - folks are discussing a lot of really nice high-end stuff around here. It's really impressive.

5. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Have you checked out the effects forum?

6. johnp352

johnp352

Aug 19, 2005
    Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Rick Turner, GK
    I'm interested..the korg sims seem the best, but they are all 50's and 30's? in a Korg sim you would only have the choice of the matching ac 30 cab I think..so that odd 100 combo of 12 and 15 is missing, and I think that's what needed, maybe even more than the 100 sim, IOW, if you could get a sim for the cab, you could use a 50.

I just asked a similar question re the amps the Yardbirds used in the studio for bass.. a few pictures, etc, but nothing yet. I think maybe it was Vox or Selmer...and i would love to be able to get one, or a good sounding sim and use it live..either mic a low watt one or use th esim straight out.

7. IPYF

IPYF

Mar 31, 2011
    If you have Amplitube or Guitar Rig you can make some fairly fierce VOX sims.
    I would recommend that you have a look on youtube and see if you can see anything in those suites that you're into.

I know on Amplitube there's an AC30 sim, but you can very easily swap the model to incorporate a larger power stage.

Also, this belongs in the effects forum. Maybe a helpful mod good give it a shift?