any walter woods user?????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassGreaser, Dec 17, 2002.

1. BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I am looking at getting one of walter wood's amps. i heard his waiting list is 2 that right? alos how do i order one?
  2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Andrew Jones has a very comprehensive thread on Walter Woods products. Check it out here.
  3. abaguer

Nov 27, 2001
    Milford, NJ
    I've had my WW ultra high head for about 2 years and it is a great amp. As far as the waiting list that's true but you can get lucky sometimes.

I called up just to get a price and see how long it would take and Walter actually answered the phone and some guy from Japan couldn't come up with the money so i got his amp in 2 days. Walter is a bit difficult to get a hold of but the amps are great. I've been using mine with Euphonic Audio cabs and my 72 jazz running through Sadowsky pre/di into the Woods. I've been extremely happy with the sound.
  4. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    The 2 year wait is ONLY on certain not-as-popular models. The ULTRA HIGH POWER is the most popular, and the wait is much less. I got 2 heads within 3 weeks, and two friends of mine then got theirs in about 2 weeks. Sure, you might have to wait 2-3 months sometimes, but that's not the norm. Give Walter a call, as he's super cool and will give you a real-world delivery time.
  5. Yea,
    I got mine built from scratch in 3 months.
    (Super High Power)
    According to Walter, that's the normal wait.
    There may be certain instances where one may wait a month or so more. Best thing to do would be to give Walter a call and go over your playing style , cabinets and generally what you are looking for in way of sound.
    His amps are the greatest....You won't be dissapointed!:)
  6. BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    thanks guys
    Tom what cabs are you using, abd basses?
  7. BG,
    I'm using Bag End D10x-D and S15D, and they smoke!!
    I have also put the Woods thru my 8-10 '75 SVT and my '63 Bassman with 2-12 JBLs.
    The SVT has a more round sound, while the Bassman cab is more mid focused. The Bag Ends are my favorite. They are clear as a bell and very punchy.
    Basses are Fender P and J both 1963 vintage.
    But my main fav right now is my MTDynomite 435.
    Woods sound good with them all IMO.
  8. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    keep in mind, that andy's prices for Walter's stuff is a few years back.

i just got his new pricing sheet, and the UHP lists for $2199.
  9. Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    So i'm assuming WW is the Shiznit.?
    0 to 60 in how many sec:D
  10. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    It's actually "zero to DEBT" in as fast as you can dial Walters number! These amps kick some major A$% though. I use mine in a rock band, and play with a pick! The Walter "ultra", 2 Berg 112 cabs, and a Sadowsky 5. This rig LEVELS the 2 50 watt Marshalls I compete with.