Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

any walter woods user?????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassGreaser, Dec 17, 2002.

1. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I am looking at getting one of walter wood's amps. i heard his waiting list is 2 years....is that right? alos how do i order one?

2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Andrew Jones has a very comprehensive thread on Walter Woods products. Check it out here.

3. abaguer

abaguer

Nov 27, 2001
    Milford, NJ
    I've had my WW ultra high head for about 2 years and it is a great amp. As far as the waiting list that's true but you can get lucky sometimes.

I called up just to get a price and see how long it would take and Walter actually answered the phone and some guy from Japan couldn't come up with the money so i got his amp in 2 days. Walter is a bit difficult to get a hold of but the amps are great. I've been using mine with Euphonic Audio cabs and my 72 jazz running through Sadowsky pre/di into the Woods. I've been extremely happy with the sound.

4. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    Greaser,
    The 2 year wait is ONLY on certain not-as-popular models. The ULTRA HIGH POWER is the most popular, and the wait is much less. I got 2 heads within 3 weeks, and two friends of mine then got theirs in about 2 weeks. Sure, you might have to wait 2-3 months sometimes, but that's not the norm. Give Walter a call, as he's super cool and will give you a real-world delivery time.
    GEEK

5. Yea,
    I got mine built from scratch in 3 months.
    (Super High Power)
    According to Walter, that's the normal wait.
    There may be certain instances where one may wait a month or so more. Best thing to do would be to give Walter a call and go over your playing style , cabinets and generally what you are looking for in way of sound.
    His amps are the greatest....You won't be dissapointed!:)

6. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    thanks guys
    Tom what cabs are you using, abd basses?

7. BG,
    I'm using Bag End D10x-D and S15D, and they smoke!!
    I have also put the Woods thru my 8-10 '75 SVT and my '63 Bassman with 2-12 JBLs.
    The SVT has a more round sound, while the Bassman cab is more mid focused. The Bag Ends are my favorite. They are clear as a bell and very punchy.
    Basses are Fender P and J both 1963 vintage.
    But my main fav right now is my MTDynomite 435.
    Woods sound good with them all IMO.

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    keep in mind, that andy's prices for Walter's stuff is a few years back.

i just got his new pricing sheet, and the UHP lists for $2199.

9. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    So i'm assuming WW is the Shiznit.?
    0 to 60 in how many sec:D

10. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    starchild,
    It's actually "zero to DEBT" in as fast as you can dial Walters number! These amps kick some major A$% though. I use mine in a rock band, and play with a pick! The Walter "ultra", 2 Berg 112 cabs, and a Sadowsky 5. This rig LEVELS the 2 50 watt Marshalls I compete with.
    GEEK