Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any Wavelab users out there?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by jblake, Jul 16, 2002.

1. jblake

jblake

Aug 30, 2001
    Gray, ME
    I've got a couple specific questions about some editing functions. I'll give y'all some background. We record books for the blind and I just found out that our editing software, Vegas Audio, no longer exists. I could upgrade to Vegas Video but at a bit more expense and a ton of features that I know I won't use. So here are the questions:

1. Can you lock markers in the montage window? As we edit the books we drop in page markers so we can add corrections down the line. In Vegas the markers are static and won't shift when you add or remove regions. So by the end of it the markers don't line up.

2. How are the denoise and declick plugins?

Thanks for any information you can give me.

Jon

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I have to check up on the markers. Do you use Wavelab 3 or 4?

The plugins are pretty good, as always it depends on the original signal how well they can remove clicks or noise.

Steinberg has a public forum @ www.cubase.net

3. jblake

jblake

Aug 30, 2001
    Gray, ME
    Thanks for the reply!

Well, right now we're using Vegas but I don't want to keep going with an discontinued product.

I'd be looking into Wavelab 4.0. I just downloaded the Demo so I'll check it out sometime soon. Looks like it would make the mastering process that much easier though.

I messed around with 3.0 when it came out and I was really impressed. It's one of the best editors I've played with. And this is coming from a Mac guy!

Jon

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Wavelab is THE pro audio editor, the only other app that can touch it is Samplitude. Samplitude has no ASIO-capability and can't use VST effects plugins though.

The Sonic Foundry stuff is way overpriced for what it can do.

Ok, I checked it for you:

Open the Marker toolbar:

CTRL-M or View -> Spezialized Windows -> Wave Markers

Right-click the marker you want to edit and choose edit...

Check the Lock Position box.

That's it (I guess).

You can lock it also right when you create a new marker. Right-click the time ruler , choose New Marker... - you can use the hotkey CTRL+INS[ert] instead too. Choose the type of marker you want and check Lock Position.