1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any way I could use my TH-350 to drive the power section of a GB Shuttle 9.2 ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pimmsley, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Just wondering if the post DI out of my TH-350 could drive the power section of a Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2 ?

Would the DI be too hot for the effects return ?

anyone one tried this or something like it ?

Thanks !

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Effects SEND from the Tonehammer to Effects RETURN of the Shuttle. The DI is for sending signal to a mixing board.

3. The TH-350 doesn't have an effect loop :(

I was thinking of using a radial DI BOX to convert the balanced DI out of the tone hammer to unbalanced to push to the Shuttle 9.2

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Does it have PREAMP OUT, or PWRAMP IN? Or, a LINE out, other than the DI? Not sure if the DI is what you want here. Different type of signal. The Radial DI would be the same as the amp's own DI, assuming it has that.

5. I might be missing something, but couldn't you just get a tonehammer pedal and put that into the return of the shuttle?

6. kai_ski

kai_ski

Apr 14, 2007
    Wenatchee, WA
    sell both, get a th500.

7. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    A typical DI out is mic level and does not have enough level to drive the effects return (power amp in) on any of our amps. The signal needs to be line level (+4dBu).

8. Thanks so much agedhorse, I also don't like the idea of all the conversion just to get the unbalanced line.
    It was just a thought, and I am very excited about the 9.2... I need and want something different to the TH350.

Can I ask you if it's worth opening up the amp when it arrived to check the tube is seated properly (Coming from USA to Australia) ?

@ superbassman
    Yes, I agree it might be the best way to feed the GB fx rtn... But I was curious if I could get the goodness of the TH350 (including that drive knob) into the power section of the 9.2 without spending extra $

The TH350 and shuttle 9.2 are the first amps I have bought in over 10 years, so could not be happier, the lead sleds are staying at home and I only wish these guys were around when I was gigging 4 nights a week ;)

Thanks all.

9. If you have a spare mixer (guilty, who isn't?), you're all good, if wiping out all your micro advantage.

10. Uh oh... Hmmmm... Guilty.
    But yer right, bit clumsy.
    Thanks D

11. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    The Shuttle 9.2's tube is very securely mounted with a heavy duty retainer. I wouldn't worry about it.

12. Nice ! and thank you, again.

13. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

May I ask the question: What problem are you trying to solve?

14. Oh no problem man, just curious... The TH350 is a healthy 350w RMS but the 9.2 is 500w plus +

So I was thinking, hmmm, tone hammer pre into the 9.2 power amp... Get me ?

15. squire65

squire65

Sep 22, 2013
    Italy
    ...and I'd like to try this:
    TH500 > send > GK700 rb II > return....in order to use the TH preamp to drive th GK power section...just o try...Is it doable?

16. Sure worth a try, won't hurt anything, may operate on slightly different levels but unlikely to be unusable.