any way to get a fender logo on my headstock?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Zanyman42788, May 10, 2004.

1. Zanyman42788

Zanyman42788 Guest

Apr 15, 2004
    i want to get a warmoth 5 string jazz neck, so i get rid of the floppy B string. But the thing is, i bought it off fender, so i feel like i owe it to them to have theyre logo on the headstock. anyway i can get the logo on my headstock? If not, ill probobly end up replaceing it anywayz. My other idea is to take off the part of the wood with the fender logo, and insert that into the new neck, and laminate them together somehow. Im open for suggestions on how to get the logo. Thanx for anything you guys post.
  2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Do a search. There was a post about this a while ago, sufficed to say, the end answer was it was illegal to put the Fender logo on anything if you're not licensed by Fender.

I don't think you need to worry about "owing" them anything. They got your money, you got a bass with a floppy B, if anything, they should put YOUR name on a bass.
  3. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    IMO there's no amount of modification that will get rid of your floppy B string. Think about getting another bass.
  4. There was a time, not all that long ago, that I actually cared what name was on my headstocks.

If you're into that forgery type of thing... an instrument with a Fender logo will sell quicker than an instrument without a logo.
  5. grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Use Google, search for 'fender decal'.
  6. Zanyman42788

Zanyman42788 Guest

Apr 15, 2004
    Thanx, after reading what ou all said, i dont think i really want a fender logo... (lol) so yeah... thanx alot, i think ive seen the light :)
  7. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Man, way too much trouble.
    A)I have 4? Warmoth necks...I wouldn't dream of putting a plastic sticker on the wood.
    I had a Schecter P-bass back in '78; NO sticker or ID, I loved it when people asked, "That bass sounds good; what is it?!"
    B)You don't owe Fender anything...or do you?