Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BABY J, Jul 14, 2004.

1. BABY J

BABY J

Jul 9, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Are any of you guys/girls proficient at web pages... I have a lil work for ya if you are... small project, not too intense. :)

Baby J
  2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Three words: Netscape Composer.

Give it a shot. Pretty easy to use for small projects.
  3. Yes I do stuff on the side, not regularly anymore.

If it is a simple project you could do it In MS Word quite easily.
  4. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Care to give us a little more info? Like, what kind of site? What exactly do you need done?
  5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    yeah, i can prolly help
  6. if want a cheap website thats really crappy and probably no-one will see. Its free. :)
  7. BABY J

BABY J

Jul 9, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    This is for my aftermarket performance parts business... I like the simplicity of:

for my business Serious Customs... 3 or 4 simple pages at best. I am willing ot pay, but I decided to put a lil money in the pockets of a bass player b4 I go pay a business. :)
  8. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    I could do something like that very easily at little to no cost to you. (so long as you already own the webspace/domain). Feel free to PM or email me if you'd like my help.
  9. If it is not going to have a shopping cart or much in the way of functional applications the graphics are the hardest part. Most people do not have quality photos and "stealing" them off the net for a business is not a good idea. Lots of pics on the net are copyrighted and there are ways of telling.

For instance I made this just for practice but I couldn't use it to make a commercial site because I don't have written permission from the owners of the cars. Even though I know both of them and they wouldn't care, doing it for a separate business could cause problems.

By the way I don’t consider that a quality photo, just something I threw together for fun.

10. you'd think it would be the other way around, like SPY VS SPY, but it isn't. I never liked white cars anyway.
  11. i got a copy of Microsoft Frontpage. It is simple to use. I basically learned as I went. I made a webpage for my band using it. It is super user friendly. You can grab lots of icons and cool stuff off the internet. Bruno2112

12. If you could see the engine in the white car you would know why it is EVIL .
  13. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    I'd also recommend taking a look at phpBB if you'd like to put a forum on your business' site. I use it. It is easy to install and maintain.
  14. BABY J

BABY J

Jul 9, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Awesome... I will take all of the above info and PM u if I need ya!! :) U guys ROCK (and Roll). HA HA
  15. finally someone belives me when I say that I rock (and roll). :D :D :D

Im glad that some people I know could help, BABY J

may I ask what J stands for?
  16. [Hijack] You guys pay an awful lot of money for an SR20DET, particularly for an s15. [/Hijack]

17. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Yes we do, especially considering what a screeching bastard it is to get an S15 engine set to work like it was put there by the factory in one of the USDM cars.

S13 red and blacktop swaps are cakewalks, though.

<--Has been driving S14's and S13s for the past 3 years.
  18. this is also hard to do. But makes for an excelent sleeper

19. Oh my. Love the 300Z motors. Never seen a transplant. That would make for an excellent all-arounder
  20. But if you need just that extra little kick