Any women bass players here??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tdawgg, May 14, 2018.

1. tdawgg

tdawgg Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2003
    SF bay area
    I started a thread yesterday, in regards to age, and when are you too old to play in band, wether it be a cover or original band..it's up to 11 pages so far, and there are tons of interesting opinions about this question!
    One thing I noticed, but I'm not super sure about..there doesn't seem to be any women bass players responding to the thread..
    I've been a TB member for quite a while, and I notice there really isn't too many threads I see that are started female bass players...so, ladies, let's hear from you! Tell us about your gear, style, favorite or most influential players, and mostly, your experience playing our favorite insturment in a (mostly) male-dominated world!

AussieBassChick likes this.
  2. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    And right on cue, in post#2, we have the reason that there aren't many women on TB and there are some that don't advertise that they are female.

Good job.

3. tdawgg

tdawgg Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2003
    SF bay area
    I didn't see the post, but assuming it's inappropriate, as it seems it was deleted..jeez..

4. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member

Not NSFW inappropriate, but entailed comments that focused on female bassists as things that men look at rather than as musicians per se...

As to the original question...

Girl Bass Player, part 2

Clark Dark and GregC like this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021