Any word on Stew McKinsey?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I know he lives in NOLA, and it may be hard or impossible to reach out, but has anyone heard anything?
  2. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I *think* I read that someone reported that he was E-vac'd from the superdome to a place in Texas... I could be wrong though...

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    He's OK - there's a thread around here somewhere...
  4. hey all,

thanks so much for all the worry and I'm sorry to put everyone through it.

I am indeed fine and I wrote a piece about the experience of being in the Superdome. I'm editing it over the next days and I'll either post it online or get it to the media, but for now just know that I am so very grateful to everyone for all the kind words to me and my family. I am truly humbled by all of this and more than a little overwhelmed.

now back to responding to the nearly 1000 emails and phone calls that came in!

from the happy and lucky lows,

5. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    good stuff to hear :D
  6. elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Bass players in Norway are rejoicing!

I hope the hurricane didn't eat your instruments.
  7. hey Hallgeir,

I haven't responded to any of the questions about my basses yet because I don't know if they made it out or not. I could do nothing more than raise them off the ground and hope that they made it.

at the same time, since I have come out luthiers have been incredible about offering to build me basses and I am just amazed and stunned and pleased and feeling like I don't deserve all the wonderful things that are coming my way now.

I usually manage to get to 3 or 4 emails a day and about as many phone calls, so I am hoping that I can hide myself away this weekend and really start to catch up with everything and everyone.

thank you again, everyone!! :oops:

from the depths of gratitude,

8. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Good to see you posting Stew, and as always, if there is anything I can do, feel free to call :)
  9. brother, I owe you a call regardless of any need. I was so dazed when we spoke last time that I'm sure I sounded like a zombie! I wish we could have gotten together, but time was so short for my TX visit. I'll give you a try this weekend and maybe we can catch up a bit then. I hope I said so at the time, but if I didn't... THANK YOU for calling and for the more than generous hospitality! we'll talk soon, man.

from the humbled lows,

10. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Hey if we can't count on each other, who can we count on :)

Im sure you'd do the same for me if I was in your position!