1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any WT-400 users switched to GB Shuttle 6.0?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jaycephas, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Jaycephas

Jaycephas Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Waxhaw, NC
    I've got a 2004 WT-400 that is a great amp, but with all the talk and especially the weight, I was wondering if any of you have sidelined or sold your WT-400/WT-550 for a Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0?

I tried the Eden WT-260 and found it lacking for several reasons, mainly wattage.

I primarily use Eden 210xlt (one or two) at gigs with the occasional Aguilar GS112 for smaller venues.

Thanks.

2. burkhardty10

burkhardty10 Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2006
    Greenville, SC
    I'm kind of in the same boat but already pulled the trigger. I've used a wt-400 for 3 years or so and I love the sound but was tempted by the lighter weight amps everyone talks about in here. I have a Little Mark II on it's way to me right now. I'm using 2 Eden 12s.
    I'll let you know what I think when I get it this week.

3. Jaycephas

Feb 3, 2003
    Waxhaw, NC
    Thanks. I'll watch for a report.

4. modulusan

modulusan

Sep 8, 2006
    Im interesed to in one shuttle 6.0. righ now I have a wt500...

I was looking the shuttle + two aguilar gs112...

is better the shuttle 6.0 in audio quality?

5. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    Try it, you'll like it!!!! 6.0 shuttle is one of the most versatile small amps I've ever played that actually had enough power to use with my 7 piece show band!!

6. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    It has my vote even with a 112 hey Terry, there's you 5-02
    The 6.0 is a gonderful head with a lot of power and tho not the Eden 5 band eq...Genz figured out how get perfect tone shaping out of a simple 3 band. You won't be disapointed. I posted a bunch of videos on youtube with the unit and one is on Laklands website as well.
    img_0539-1.

7. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I made the switch. The WT400 is one of my favorite amps and has a great tone. The Shuttle is not a direct replacement, because it has it's own tone. However, I feel it has more power and sounds great!. Loved the Wt400 but don't see myself going back

8. QU!CK

QU!CK

Apr 26, 2005
    Charlotte, NC

FWIW, I had a WT-330 as my main amp for a while and recently bought a Shuttle 6.0.....NO REGRETS!!!! I still keep the eden around for practice but the shuttle is so much easier to transport and the additional wattage is nice too. Voicing isn't the same but the shuttle hasn't disapointed my ears yet lol

I primarily play it through two GS112's and love the tone.

-J

9. I have been having the same discussion with myself for some months now and i do want a 6.0.

Everytime I use my WT400 thru a 212xlt or my 210xst's (2) it tells me I just can't stand to part with it.

i have a WT800 also and in comparison the WT400 is not that much of a burden to cart around.

10. Jaycephas

Feb 3, 2003
    Waxhaw, NC
    For me, the thought of a 3.5 lb bass head with 600watts and great sound is very appealing. I hopefully will get to demo one next week or I may just take the plunge.

Peace!

11. js1

js1

Oct 1, 2006
    Guess I don't understand the weight preoccupation...

The WT400 isn't that heavy. Compared to the damn cabinets, it's a feather.

Am I missing something?

js

12. Jaycephas

Feb 3, 2003
    Waxhaw, NC
    Just comes down to preference. I love my WT-400 but want something lighter.

13. JKT

JKT

Apr 30, 2007
    Buffalo NY
    Endorsing Artist: Barker Basses
    I have a 6.0 210T and so far I am really pleased. Lot's of character, low end, and power.

Can't wait to try it with the band.

JKT

14. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I went from a WT550/210XST to a GB Shuttle 3.0 combo. No regrets at all.

15. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    If you are lookiing for the Shuttle to replace your WT tonally - keep looking. The Eden has a sound of it's own. The Shuttle is more neutral.

I see the GB Shuttle, GK RB series , LM II and F1, probably the T'Funk as well - as being roughly equivalent. Once you get them into a band context - from out front it's going to be mighty tough to tell what is what - with the majority of the differences coming down to player's preference in EQ.

For better or worse, the WT is somewhat more identifiable to my ear.

16. blowinblue

blowinblue Blue in name only. Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    Maybe the preoccupation isn't so much about weight, but about the need to have something new. That 'need' to have the latest and greatest. Most of us are susceptible to some extent. :meh: In answer to the OP's question...no, I haven't switched. :)

M. M.

17. Jaycephas

Feb 3, 2003
    Waxhaw, NC
    Tone is not the primary issue...I have two gigs where I have to walk several blocks from the parking garage to the bar. Looking for light weight and portability.

I've racked my WT-400 as I use it as both a primary and secondary amp. I have an Alembic F-1X (WT-400 provides the power via Aux In) that I use for my Lakland DJ5 and my Fender Roscoe Beck 5, and I play my Ken Smith BSR5 exclusively through the Eden and church or small gigs.

Have a Hartke 3500 that never leaves the practice room due to weight.

Not looking for the latest, greatest, coolest thing...weight and portability is the goal. My GAS is limited to what I need and what compliments my inventory.

18. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    I personaly think the 6.0 will be a very servicable piece in your stable. I fell in love with it when I really wanted to hate it. Will it replace everything else you have? Maybe not... is it the perfect tool for a lot of situations? Yes it is. Try one for yourself and see what it does for you. It may be the deal. I love mine with my Smith 5M's... But I am in love with it for the my pair of fretted and fretless JO5's.

19. Vinny D

Vinny D

Jan 9, 2007
    Warwick, RI
    What fretless JO5........did Terry not like his:eyebrow:

20. blowinblue

blowinblue Blue in name only. Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    At 13 lbs the WT-400 is not heavy. However, if I had to walk several blocks to a gig with my gear I would be thinking about 4 lb amps just like you are. +1 to your comment about buying what you need and what compliments your inventory. Just hang on to your Eden. It will always come in handy. :)

M. M.