any wynonna's video floating around?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by rusmannx, Jan 3, 2005.

1. rusmannx

Jul 16, 2001
    i don't suppose anyone had a video of them playing Wynonna's Big Brown Beaver do they? i'm trying to figure this song out, but have no idea how to approach it. i could use some instruction, and video is the best way for me.

thanks crew.
  2. Guitar School Magazine did a cover story on Les Claypool and Larry LaLonde in 1995 after they recorded Tales Of the punchbowl, and in that issue they tabbed out the whole song on Bass and Guitar. And they also go into real depth as to how each part on the bass is playd. Its a great interview aswell.
    My scanner is not working at the moment so i cant scan it and post it on here for u. Sorry.
  3. TheThumb

Jan 2, 2005
  4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I remember seeing the video of the single on MTV and it was pretty hilarious - Les and the other guys dressed up in weird plastic-looking cowboy suits! :D

But it was really obvious they were miming and not playing anything remotely like the record - in fact with what they were wearing, it looked physically impossible for Les to play bass at all!! ;)
  5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    In behind the scenes of that video on the DVD, they actually slowed the song down really slow and they played along/sped it up later. But yeah... they really couldn't play their instruments.