any1 have this problem?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Levi, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Levi

Apr 4, 2004
    when you play hard songs your move your face, alot around the lip area? how can i fix this? Concertrat on it? :bassist:
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    You mean making funny faces when you're really into something deep? Yeah, a lot of people do. That's when stuff really clicks IMO.
  3. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    music is supposed to move you.........just go with it.....besides, chicks think it's cute. :hyper:
  4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    1.-use a mask
    2.-join a numetal band
  5. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    Yeah I do that too. I call it playing with my mouth. Some people say it looks pretty funny, but when I'm in the groove, nothing else really matters.
  6. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    SRV did it the best.
  7. I do that.

Mainly, I move my lips for some damned reason when I am executing a highly funkadelic bit of bassery. No idea why.
  8. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Steve Vai does it a lot too. He gets right into it -- anyone else see the G3 Live in Denver DVD with Steve, Yngwie, and Satriani? Vai gets crazy guitar-face when he's doing that solo on the triple neck (12 string, six string, six string fretless) guitar.

I used to get naaaaasty bassface, but I worked on NOT getting it badly. Yeah, I still get it a little, but not to the point where I used to.
  9. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    It's called a "Bass Face". We all do it. Some people are "eyebrows down", some are "Eyebrows up". Some smile, some frown, some mouth the bass line, some just pull funny faces, some do all of the above?
  10. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Get a gimp ball, like the one used in Pulp Fiction.
    That should do it.
  11. Its funny-

When I play trombone, my eyes and cheeks move...
    When I play bass, areas around my mouth moves...