1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Any1 luv the stock strings that come on their fenders?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by RBX4, Jan 13, 2012.

1. RBX4

RBX4

Dec 21, 2010
    Miami, Florida
    I do!

2. I don't!

3. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    It's been a while since I checked out new Fenders, so perhaps things improved. It used to be crappy strings and even crappier setups (if any!). I am convinced they would sell much more easily if those two areas were improved.

They probably sell plenty anyway. :)

4. jabsys

jabsys

Mar 30, 2011
    UK
    I don't love them, but I do use them, cheap, last ages and sound ok.

5. Nope. First thing I changed on my MIA Jazz when I got it. Don't like Fender strings, never did.

6. Mook

Mook

Jun 19, 2002
    both of my MIM Fenders (a jazz V and a regular P) were shipped with D'Addario. The ball ends were colored......does anyone else use coloring except D'Addario?

They sounded GREAT on the P bass and pretty decent on the Jazzer.

Mook

7. jabsys

jabsys

Mar 30, 2011
    UK
    The newer Fender 7250's have coloured ball ends, they're the ones I use.

8. RBX4

RBX4

Dec 21, 2010
    Miami, Florida
    Reason behind this thread is I just bought a squire vm J string with the fender 7250's and Duncan designed pups and man do they sound bad arse! :)

9. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    I rather liked them as well. I thought the strings felt pretty good on my American Standard 5 string that I bought last month. I wanted to get another set but none of the stores that I checked with had them in stock. Right now I've got DR Fat Beams on and while I like them I wouldn't mind giving a brand new set of Fender strings a good try.

Of what I gather, Fender strings are now made by D'Addario.

10. They're not bad, but i always replace them with DR's anyway

11. funkytoe

funkytoe Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Northern California
    I do. My 2008 American Standard Jazz has never worn anything else. Round core. Tapered E string. Just fit that bass like a glove. I saw no reason to try anything else.

12. skychief

skychief

Apr 27, 2011
    South Bay
    MY '96 J Deluxe still has the factory strings on it. Ill replace them if/when they break.

13. Yep love the 7250's and whatever comes on the MIJ Jazz's also rocks but I cant seem to find out what's on 'em?????

14. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    i like 'em, too!

they were spec'd by a fellow TB'er. i forgot his tag, but he chimed in last year to chat about them. nice feel and sound.

15. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Hmm, good thread idea... I"m getting in my MIA J maple standard soon & was wondering what I'd get. I'm thinking of going flats just for a more mellow church like tone

I have EBMM Group III flats ready to go

16. jabsys

jabsys

Mar 30, 2011
    UK
    I'm changing my answer, after 7 months and probably 400 hours of playing I've just changed to a new set of 7250ml's, I can't believe how much better they sound, I'm in love :D

17. tylerwylie

tylerwylie

Jan 5, 2008
    Dunwoody, GA
    Nope, I don't "luv" them. Don't last long enough at all compared to better sounding longer lasting DR's, and now my new addiction: Fodera strings.

18. They're OK and I played them for a while on a Deluxe Jazz but replaced them as soon as they began to sound flat and dead. I replaced them with either GHS Boomers or DR Nickel Low Rider I don't remember which any longer. My CV Jazz has GHS Pressure Wounds on it.

19. whats the waiting list on those?????:confused::D

i never liked fender round strings (bass or guitar), but i do like fenders flats.

20. ggvicviper

ggvicviper Grosbeak, Yamaha, Fender, BSX. I’m Marc! Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2011
    East Meadow, NY, USA
    Fender strings I believe are now subcontracted to D'Addario.

I find the gauges to be a little weird for my tastes on the Fender strings. Sound pretty good, though.