Anybody been to Rodger Sadowsky's recently and tried the Metro Ultra Vintage 5?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gfab333, May 13, 2005.

1. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I about ready to pull the trigger and go for the 7-day trial on one of these. Any of you NY TBers try the Metro Ultra Vintage 5 that's on display at Rodger's? this is the natural ash body / maple neck w/ white bindings and blocks. Rodger says that this is one of two Metro UVs that were at the NAMM show. this particular bass does not have the passive tone control and is not the bass that Tommix recently reviewed. Just curious to hear from anyone that actually got to play this bass - you know, the usual stuff: string action, neck profile, overall tone, playability, weight and feel, mojo / growl factor, etc.

Thanks in advance!!!

:help: :help: :hyper: :help: :help:

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I played one of them and i really liked the feel and shape of the neck, with the preamp you can really warm up the sharpness of the ash/maple combo.Go for it, you will have one serious instrument. :hyper: :bassist:
  3. I would really like to see a picture of that Bass that Sadowsky have in stock!
  4. I second that!
  5. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Aloha fellow TBers from Denmark,

If you go to the in-stock section of the site, I understand it would look like M407 except with white blocks and bindings, and a full sized body. Otherwise, the ash body / maple necks pretty much look the same except for small differences in grain pattern. Based on my coversation with Rodger, it seems that the Sadowsky guys in Japan pick the woods for the clear finish basses so that they have a consistent appearance from one bass to another.

If you hadn't seen the bass at the shop or at the site, I understand that this NAMM model was not for sale until recently.
    :confused: :eyebrow: :confused: