Anybody biamping Avatar B115+B210 or B212+B210?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lo-freq, Mar 19, 2003.

1. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I play a 5 string bass and have some concerns regarding running an Avatar B210 full range.

Considering something like the following (until I win the lottery and replace the Avatars with Bergies HT115 + HT210):

Alembic F1-X Preamp (x-over set at 100Hz)
    QSC PLX2402 Power Amp (700Wpc @ 4 ohm)
    Avatar B212 Speaker System (4 ohm)
    Avatar B210 Speaker System (4 ohm)

Does anyone out there with a 5 string bass biamp these Avatar cabs (or B115 + B210)?
  2. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    i have a b210, and as soon as i get a b115, and figure some other things out, i will probably be bi-amping them
  3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I am bi-amping mine (a Avatar 4x10 and 1x15) using a Hartke 7000 (350+350 watts). I crossover everything below 80hz to the thunderous 1x15. Sounds great!
  4. I agree with Quadzilla about biamping. It's great to be able to separate the frequencies and allow each cabinet to do what it does best. I too power my Avatar 2X10 and 1X15 with a Hartke HA7000. Actually, the 1X15 is a Carvin but I just ordered a Kappa Pro 15LF from Dave today to replace the pos Carvin 15. It probably won't sound as good (in the Carvin cab) as if I bought the Avatar B115H, but I still anticipate a much improved sound.
  5. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Hey Lo Freq Freak, this is lo-freq. Thanks for the input, Jack. Sounds like you have a good rig.

I just have one question:

How much Lo Freq could a Lo Freq Freak freak if a Lo Freq Freak could freak Lo Freq?

[Sorry I couldn't help myself ("No, I'm not suffering from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it").]
  6. You are too funny! When I saw your screen name I thought, man, this guy is going to think I ripped off his user name! But, when you think about it, TB is dedicated and supported by a true bevy of Low Frequency Freaks !!! I bet God plays bass !!! :D
  7. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Actually, you were registered in TB before I was, but I swear I did not rip off your id; it just popped into my head when I was signing up.

I bet God plays anything he wants (and plays it better than me--well, a little better).

The most dense organ in the body is the liver, which makes it most susceptible to being excited by low frequency waves.
    So don't just sit there, go shake some livers!
  8. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001