Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anybody build their own effects?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ashton, Oct 21, 2004.

1. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    just wondering because i have deciphered a mass of effects and plan to start building some dist, od, chorus, flange, tremlo (is this ok for bass, or is it more of a guitar thing) wha and ring mods. just mucking around trying different values here and there to see how it all falls into place.

any outside help would be appreciated, im not an idiot on the subject tho. and to help my grandfather was an electrician.

thanks in advance.

2. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    Check out the ad for the Power Meter on the TB homepage that Mark Latimour reviewed. The guy who designed the power meter is a guitarist in my band and he works with D'addario among others. He has made some really cool pedals and effects. You can contact him at www.aqdi.com. His name is Hank Wallace, and you can tell him I sent you. :)

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I build my own effects, but I'd actually recommend against it :p. Sure, I welcome competition, but there's a LOT on the market that can be had at good prices. There's almost no need to build custom pedals, and it's usually not worth the hassle, especially if they're not your design.

4. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
  5. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    i dont really need anymore websites on pedals, just anyones experience maybe cheapest parts (internationally) what diodes to use for what effects.

thanks