anybody catch Waters with Clapton acoustic?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I know they've worked together before, so this was probably sweet - they did WYWH with Rogers "normal" singers...

According to Sony Music, NBC Television, Columbia Records and other REG sources: Roger Waters will be performing at an NBC televised charity event to raise funds for the American Red Cross International Response Fund, which is heavily involved in supporting the relief efforts for victims of the Indian Ocean Tsunami catastrophe.

According to confirmed REG sources: "Roger will be performing 'Wish You Were Here' acoustically with Eric Clapton and backing singers, Katie Kissoon, Carol Kenyon and PP Arnold."

The "Tsunami Aid: A Concert of Hope" will be a two-hour, music and celebrity driven benefit event and will take place on Saturday January 15th 2005 starting at 8 PM. It will be broadcast live on the US East Coast, and tape delayed on the US West Coast. The broadcast will be carried on NBC, USA, Bravo, Trio, SCI FI, PAX, Telemundo, MSNBC and CNBC networks and on other NBC affiliat stations, with phone lines remaining open throughout the evening.

Other scheduled performers include Madonna, Sheryl Crow, Diana Ross, Stevie Wonder, Maroon 5, Norah Jones, Sarah McLachlan, Mary J. Blige, Lenny Kravitz, John Mayer, Kenny Chesney, India Arie, Tom Jones, Eric Clapton, Brian Wilson Elton John, Nelly, and Gloria Estefan.

In addition to the musical performances, there are scheduled appearances by Halle Berry, Kevin Spacey, Usher, George Clooney, Uma Thurman, Matt Damon, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Michael Douglas, Bruce Willis, Danny DeVito, Rhea Perlman, Tim Robbins, Eric McCormack, Sean Hayes, Jay Leno, Drew Barrymore and a special message from Former US Presidents George Bush & Bill Clinton.

Viewers will be encouraged to donate to the American Red Cross International Response Fund in support of tsunami relief through its web site and donation hotline. ALL funds raised through this special will support the American Red Cross two-phased assistance plan which includes specialized relief immediately and over the long term in the following areas: Food and safe water; healthcare and disease prevention; immediate family supplies; mental health counseling; disaster preparedness and prevention measures.
  2. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Missed it, but I do like Waters' newer version, it would have been interesting to hear it acoustic...
  3. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

I saw it, thought the singing was very weak. I haven't been a fan since Dark Side though, so take it with a grain of salt.
  4. mr e

mr e

Nov 17, 2003
    i thought the EC / RW was great, and for a great cause

it was even neat to hear lenny kravitz's 'let love rule'
  5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
  6. Passinwind

I wear the mantle of the heathen proudly. [​IMG]
  7. BluesBrian

Aug 16, 2004
    S.F. East Bay
    It was "different". I kinda wondered.. "Who cares?"
  8. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I just heard they're making it into a dvd
  9. Passinwind

I'd be interested to hear what you think of it, assuming you do check it out.