Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anybody combine aguilar gs112 w/epifani ul-112?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pdao99, Feb 17, 2006.

1. pdao99

pdao99

May 2, 2005
    i am in the market for some new cabs and i definitely want to go the 2x112 route. i hear two aguilar gs112's are supposed to be the shiznit for that dark r&b fingerstyle sound but can get muddy up on stage due to its scooped mids and deep bass. on the other hand, i hear a pair of epifani ul-112's is the mofo shiznit squared but that price is insane. so i was wondering if anybody has paired one of each to get the best of both worlds (big, rich, thick bass that can also cut through live all under $1000)

do these two cabs pair together real good? is it a good/bad idea to pair cabinets from different companies? thanks for any suggestions...

2. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I haven't tried the UL but I often match up my GS112 with a Epi 112. Sounds great together. Deep from the aggie and a little more punch from the Epi. I would highly recommend this combo for a 12. I've tried it was my mackie/demeter combo and also with my DB359.

Matching cabs usually don't matter. Having said that, some cabs some better with some heads. Usually the ones made by the manufacturers

3. ok some of this is going in my sig right now!