1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

anybody could tell me something about this bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by israel221988, Aug 15, 2012.

1. israel221988

israel221988

Aug 15, 2012
  2. praisebass

praisebass

Aug 20, 2009
    Missouri
    Don't know about the bass but the guy selling it has a set of brass cojones.

3. $4000? Did Leo Fender take a dump on it or something?

4. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    That's like a $50 bass.

5. skiscem

skiscem Supporting Member

$4000 Mexican pesos= $304 us dollars, it reminds me of elektra basses, it might be matsumoku made, i dont think thats a bad price for that bass in mexico.
    good luck

6. lowphatbass

lowphatbass **** Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Sometimes those basses play pretty well. The heavy black paint around the outside of the burst and covering the entire contour on the back could be a sign that the body is plywood. Either way it's not worth what the seller is asking.

7. israel221988

israel221988

Aug 15, 2012
    well, i've heard that old japanese basses sound pretty well, but i donĀ“t know, thats why i`m asking about this one

8. lowphatbass

lowphatbass **** Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    It could sound good and play pretty well, but you would need to try it out in person to be sure. A bass like that in my area would ultimately sell for $100-$150 if it sounded great and played really well. It's not uncommon for people to ask $200+ just based on the fact that it's made in the late 60's early 70's so it's "vintage" , plus to the untrained eye these basses can and do look a lot like a Fender and older Japanese basses are considered by many to be very good. Not so many years ago these basses could be had for $50-$75 at flea markets, swap meets and garage sales...there's a lot of us out there who still wouldn't pay much more than that...just because.