Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody crazy about airsoft??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by arvidgunardi, Apr 28, 2002.

1. I've always been crazy about guns, but the real ones simply aren't practical. So I ended up with the "toy" version.

I own a couple and in the process of waiting for another one.

That will be a Western Arms version of Wilson Combat Special Grade CQB pistol. Cool Cool stuff!!! For anybody who cares anyways:)

2. Heres one more pic.

3. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Airsofts are great.

The only thing I don't like is the fact that you can't even tell when you've been shot, unless on bare skin. It is too easy to say "I wasn't shot, I didn't even feel it". I like paint ball better. They hurt and cause a bit of a bruise:D <-evil menaicle smile

They are still great though!

Nick

4. Yup, but the thing with airsoft is that it looked real and authentic. As for me, I kinda like the way gun looks and feels. Getting a real one is really too much hastle and hard to use(expensive). So its more convinient for me to get the airsoft version...that way, i can still shoot and "play" em.

I do not attend skirmishes though, I kind a like to collect them thats all:)

Well I guess theres not much airsoft hobbiest out there eh?:)

5. i think you'd get more responce at a CS or UT forum

6. A friend of mine has the Desert Eagle version of that. Lost of fun. I'm thinking of getting the MP5 full-auto version.

Rock on
    Eric

7. I just ordered a Desert Eagle EBB... Its new... not automatic, or really quite semi (so I've read), but i couldnt stand cocking the gun after every shot when shooting my friends, and didnt have enough money for a Gas, so i figured I'd try out an electric. Anyone out there try one of these before? I assume of of the euro. memebers had access to these before they came to the states....

8. Blow back is for me. I will never buy a spring gun again. It's just too unreal for me, and too much hastle. Takes away all the fun.

I tried AEG before. I must say, they're awesome. Really cool to shoot.They're more expensive then the regular gas blowback (except some WA), but some people simply love em to death.

9. Personally, I much prefer the real 9mm Berreta.

People know when they've been shot by that.

I'm not a huge gun fanatic, but I'd prefer the real thing over any toy. But hey, I plan on going into a career where I have to wear a gun. That and I like to hunt. Can't shoot no deer with an air gun.

10. Jeremy_X

Jeremy_X

Jan 29, 2002
    With a big enough air gun you could. You could shoot it pretty far actually;)

11. Hey by all means, I'd prefer shooting a real Glock 17 vs. an airsoft version. Theres a simple feeling that you get when shooting a real gun that a toy just cannot get. That aside, In most situations, you can only shoot a real gun in a closed shooting range, unless you're hunting, are a cop, or in the military. With Airsoft, you can be prettymuch anyone, can shoot it almost anywhere, and not have to worry about killing your friend or anything.

12. Plus you have the extreme pleasure of shooting random people and not worrying about if Big Bubba will be your cell "mate" for the next 30 years.:eek:

Rock on
    Eric

13. We're calling them "airsoft"s now? :confused:

Yes, it's still the same old gun-toting little Chinese smarty pants here. :p

14. No no no. Completely different object. Airsofts are essentially pellet guns, only they shoot little plastic beads instead of metal pellets. Most work on spring or motor action, and pretty much anybody can buy them. The only real danger to the person you are shooting is if you get them in the eye, so most people wear goggles when they play.

Rock on
    Eric

15. Yeah, same thing. :p
    6mm in diameter, different weights, some of 'em have "hop-up" capabilities, allowing them to shoot farther than those without hop-up etc...

[​IMG]
    These are the li'l buggers that come outta the barrel, right?
    Notice how it says "BB" at the end?
    To us Hong Kong people, these are BB guns. :p

16. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Woo hoo! I just picked up an AEG!

[​IMG]

This thing is frickin' AMAZING!

17. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida

You called?

:D :p

18. excuse me for being a dingus, but whats an Airsoft?

19. Hmmm...
    I'm going to plug my cousin's business here, since the thread's been revived. :p

AirSplat

Distributing AirSoft guns around...uhm...the US. I think. :p
    Provided, I've looked around there and I don't really see anything all that appealing to me, but...who knows, maybe some of you will find something you like. If you can be bothered to check it out. :p

20. Who needs air when you can use powder?!

I use real weapons, but im very careful handling them.

I have rifles (including a Sako TGK, sniper), shotguns, pistols and revolvers. Ask for something if you want.

:eek: :cool:

EBP