1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anybody else fall for the Loog?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by meursault42, Dec 11, 2011.

1. meursault42

meursault42

Jun 21, 2006
    I saw the banner add for that Loog guitar on here, right when I was looking to buy my 5yr old daughter a B-day present. Fell for it. Bought it. Wish I would have just bought a ukulele. Anybody else get one and think it's a POS toy, not a children's instrument?

2. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I don't have one but I had the thought that I'd rather (and do) have a ukulele.

It's something an adult would be interested in and it's something a child can feel is an adult instrument. I've always thought that if a child wants a guitar and you had them one with half the strings that they would eventually feel like they just had a toy.

3. peterkidd

peterkidd

Oct 20, 2008
    Shirley, MA
    I thought it was an interesting idea, until I checked out what they were charging for accessories. For example, $29.95 for a pair of strap buttons. Made the think the unit was creatively priced, as well..

4. Howzit

Howzit

Aug 23, 2011
    Pella, IA
    Wow. $200! I just bought my kid a Kala Makala ukulele for under $40. It plays and sounds great.

...for $200 I'd expect a great kid instrument!

5. meursault42

meursault42

Jun 21, 2006
    Don't waste your money folks...

6. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    Is it just me, or does it look like an expensive Cigar Box Guitar imitation?