Anybody Else Get The Flu?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by malthumb, Dec 18, 2003.

1. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    This is the first time in five years that I have not gotten a flu shot, so guess what?.....:(

Today's high temperature was 101.3 and was accompanied by severe chills and intense body ache (anybody who's REALLY had the flu knows about the body aches)

What's even worse is both my kids have it, too. One is at 100 degrees, the other at 103. We'll all keep medicatin' and goin' on with our little lives 'til it all blows over.

Treena, if you see this I can sure use a couple appropriate smilies
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

My sister just recovered from a really bad case of it. She was a WRECK, I hope you get better as soon as possible!

remember, soups, liquids, oranges and keep clean.
  3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i've had the flu before, it sucks alot... i don't have it now but i recently got sick, that sucked too
  4. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    My first line of defense must be great, I haven't had the flu in years, and rarely get sick. But when I get sick, I get sick. I did come down with the Norwalk (sp) virus late night last X-Mas, and it sucked!
  5. yup

second time this year for me. i had it, then got better (lasted about a week) and then my girlfriend got it, probably from me, and now i've got it again, probably back from her :meh: i've been trying to sleep it off as much as possible since we are out out of school for christmas break, but when i wake up the congestion and body aches are worse than any other time. hope we all get better soon!
  6. I've had it since the 6th pretty much. I went to a wrestling tournament and I wasn't feeling all that great, wasn't eating much (thought it was because I was nervous) and then Sunday (the 7th) I had a temp of 104 that lasted till last wednesday(10th) and I was throwing up. I still have been feeling kind of crappy, but it's gotten a lot better.
  7. Came home from work yesterday at noon with a temp of 102 - threw up around midnight. Fever broke today, but I still feel kinda crappy. Bleh.
  8. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    i am just recovering from it. my temp was about 102-104, and 100. i was really delerious, if it was dark, i wouldn't know if it was day or night, or the same day or what. but that sucked. i drank soooooooooo much too.
  9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

My son had it last week, my wife has it this week. I have been an obsessive-compulsive handwasher for a couple of weeks now.
  10. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    I'm not sure what I have, I'm coughing and sneezing, which leads me to think I have a cold, but I have a fever, chills, body aches, other unmentionable problems. But it's not too severe. Maybe a mild flu with a cold? Who knows.
  11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    yep, the family and I are getting over the last of it now.
  12. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Get well soon man! Hopefully in time for the Holidays.
  13. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City

I'm getting better. My oldest boy is getting better. My youngest doesn't even realize he's sick. I took him to the pediatrician's office. Ran into one of my employees there. She and her daughter are having the same kinda fun. :(

While we're there, Justin is bouncing around, checking out the fish tank, chattin' up the other kids.

Doc checks him out and says that the good news is his fever has broken. The bad news is that now he's got bronchitis. And it's contagious. Oh joy. Doc was amazed that he's in such a good mood.
  14. Yes indeed! My doc says he can't stress this enough!

Like P.Aaron said, hoefully you guys will be over it by Christmas.

Feel better, Malthumb.

You know, a hot whisky with cloves in it at bedtime can work wonders - makes you sweat like a pig; in the morning you feel drained, but better. ;)
  15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    flu free for family gets it....i attribute my ability to stay away from it to all of the hot peppers i eat....i read a medical journal that said the hot in hot peppers helps resist germs and stuff in your body.

16. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    So far so good. I'm OK, but we've a had a few cases here in Hawaii. Our evening news tells us that there are a lot of cases in Colorado with kids dying of the flu.

I try to stay away from anybody that's hacking or doesn't look well.

Sanctum, I hate the throwing up part! The ole' "heave ho" ain't no fun eh?