Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody else got "hand out the candy duty" tonight?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dryheatbob, Oct 31, 2005.

1. My wife, Mulan and Buzz Lightyear are out terrorizing the neighbors with some friends searching for the mother lode of sugar buzzes.

Anyone else manning the door tonight? :confused:

Bob

2. I was, but I've had a history of getting no trick-or-treaters.

Seeing as it was a slow night, some friends of mine that are fairly young show up and I say for them to take a generious bunch of candy.

It was a pretty busy night.

My dad had to break out the quarters, so I felt bad.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    we had 2 trick or treaters all night.

4. lbpark

lbpark Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.
    I didn't have a single kid come by. IMO, it's one of the perks of living directly on a very busy road.
    :)

5. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I think the overbearing soccer moms are slowing down what Holloween was, my area once filled with over 100 people a night is now down to 7.

The only thing I can conclude is that they just don't feel safe with their kids trick or treating so they send them to bad Holloween parties. Atleast this is the consensus in my area.

6. here at the dorms we hand out candy to little kids coming by...well, my girlfriend did, i just don't have that,"well look what we have here!..." excitement...

7. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    A few. I pulled the car in the garage, turned off all the lights, and switched on Monday Night Football instead.

8. I went to practice! Ho ho ho :p

9. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    My apartments don't allow trick or treaters. And I was out at a bar. (With the Golden Boy, no less.)

10. We had about 400 or so. I live in a freaking suburban masterpiece of a subdivision. People bus kids into our neighborhood. I hate it. My wife loves it.

11. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    We had to go get more candy. The cute little kids who are grateful are fun, but we had our share of rude ones wanting more.

12. I handed out candy while the better half took the little girl around the neighborhood. It wasn't busy, but not dead. There was a gaggle of high school age kids, some of whom didn't even pretend to wear costumes. There was a dude in a dress, he got the candy. I then went out for a few drinks with the SuperDuck.

13. Dream Works

Dream Works

Dec 5, 2003
    Toronto
    I gave out candy to 5 or so kids, and I don't think any of them listened when I told them to watch out for pedophiles.

14. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    My neighborhood was crazy! Last year I bought five bags of candy and had two left over. This year I bought five bags and had to turn about twenty kids away! Must be the Rhythm method. :smug:

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I can never get it right either.

Best thing I saw tonight was a girl who was probably about 3 or 4 standing at my door dressed like a little farmer saying "Twit oh tweet." Awwwww...

brad cook

16. All day today, I only got 2 trick-or-treaters. Last year, I didn't get one. Fortunately I didn't have any candy anyways. Here's what you do to avoid the little kids: Put a few bags of candy into a big bowl (like a salad bowl), and just leave it on a chair in front of your house. At the bottom of the bowl, leave a note that says "sorry, no more candy". You won't be bothered all night............unless some angry candy fiends egg your house.

17. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    here in forest hills queens NY, kids were actually going into stores.. rite aid. duane read, sprint, bank of america, department stores.. anything and trick or treat there..

when did people stop going to houses? we had nobody come to my door today either.. i live in an aprtment building thoug.. but we still usualy have atleast 4 or 5 people kids

18. Where I lay my head, we had 2 trick-or-treaters, but where I was for the majority of the evenig, we had a small handful of groups of 3 4 or 5 kids. I was at my...(hmm, I may as well just say girlfriend, but whatever. I don't like society's labels)...even then, she wasn't there most of the night and I was left manning the fort, getting to know her dad and her little (5 year old) sister. Great night.

19. I think kids are just getting scared or something nowadays. There's so many shi**y people out there now that kids are afraid to go to strangers' houses.
    BTW, I pass through your town every time I take a train to the city, I live in Freeport LI.

20. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    My neighbors have four kids but are extremely religious, we sure as heck didn't have any trick-or-treaters coming our way.