1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anybody else having MAJOR problems with the VA?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by billiam5billion, Oct 1, 2010.

1. I've been in school for a month and a half now and I still haven't gotten my GI Bill. All the veterans out there who've used the GI Bill know that it's basically how you live day to day. Now rent's due, and I'm short over 300 bucks because the VA can't get their poop together. Anybody else having problems with veteran's affairs?

By the way, this is my 3rd semester in school, and I've NEVER gotten my GI Bill on time.

2. neurotictim

neurotictim Gold Supporting Member

Ouch. I don't know what to tell you, except that maybe the beginning of the new fiscal year has slowed things down...

Except you're saying you've never gotten it on time, which makes me concerned for my future college plans...

Montgomery GI Bill or Post 9-11, out of curiosity?

3. frianbisher

frianbisher

Dec 28, 2007
    Milwaukee WI
    My Dad works at a VA hospital. They almost killed someone a few weeks ago by giving him the wrong blood type during surgery........Doesn;t inspire confidence.

4. I'm on the post 9/11. I've had the same problems with the old one too.

5. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Inactive

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    Not trying to be political, but Congress hasn't passed a budget yet, so that might have something to do with why your bill's getting held up. I hope you get it soon though, people who serve this nation should be taken care of.

Much respect.

6. neurotictim

Well that sucks dude. I've been looking into schools in WV for when I move, so I can finally get started on my EE.

Now I'm a bit concerned.

Keep us posted if you find anything out.

7. I'm on hold with the VA right now. Been on for about ten minutes, after being hung up on about 10 times. Apparently nobody thought to staff the VA with enough people to take care of the thousands of soldiers who came back from war. The hold song has a nice groove, at least. Sounds like the bass is running through an envelope filter.

8. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    My parents said they just got my stipends, so I guess they're starting to send it out. I think it helps when you sign up for classes to send in your ECF (I'm assuming you also have those). Last year it came in late as well, but I also didn't know that I was supposed to send in the EFC right when I sign up for classes. Ended up having to pay a $100 late fee because someone told me to wait after drop/add.

On a side note, how long is your drop/add period? My school only gets a week, but I've heard elsewhere its a longer, reasonable amount of time.

9. neurotictim

I LOL'd at this one in the office. I often find myself groovin' to hold music.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021