Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody else tried this?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by monsterweights, Oct 25, 2002.

1. Well, one month after posting how much i love the sound of my Fat beams, I decided it was already time to get a new set. I am geting addicted to the sound of fresh strings. :( $$$$$
    the one thing I wasn't totally happy with on the Fat beams is the .130 B string seemed a little floppier than with .125 low riders. I was told the Fat beams are a lower tension string, so today I bought a regular set of fat beams meant for a 4 string bass, but i bought a DR .135 single string to make it a set. The 135 b string has the feel I want, but I'm not sure about the sound. It seems to have to many high harmonics, and not enough fundemental in the tone. When I play an open E, then an open B, the pitch almost seems to go UP! Maby thid will change as the string settles down and get some age on it. I don't think it's a nut problem, it does similar sounds on the 1st few frets.

Mark