Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody else using Genz Benz?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Funkee1, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Funkee1

Funkee1

Jul 19, 2002
    Texas
    I just purchased a GBE 600, and I love it!!! Anyone else got one??

Whaddya think?:bassist:

2. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I planned on getting a GBE 600 and 610-XB2 for the longest time, but I then discovered the glory of SWR and Gallien-Krueger. I love the sound, but not powerful enough for me. THe 600 seemed to clip too easily.

~Patrick

3. Funkee1

Funkee1

Jul 19, 2002
    Texas
    Now see I had that problem with Hartke and GK.

4. Mattski

Mattski

Jan 6, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    I have an old Tube Works 410 cab. It's the same as the Genz Benz std with the four rear ports.

It is the best 410 I've played through! I highly recommend them.

Never played through their head though.

5. Rope

Rope

May 27, 2003
    Essexville, MI
    I have a "mini-stack" consisting of a 500 GBE and two LS 112 cabs. It is a great little rig. I find it has a lot of tonal flexiblity and has more than sufficient power for the vast majority of playing situations.

6. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    Does GBE500 exist?:confused: I thought they're only making 400 and 600;

7. K-Frog

K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    sorry, I only have a pair of GB12T cabs, nice though.

8. Funkee1

Funkee1

Jul 19, 2002
    Texas
    GBE 500 no longer exists. A great head, however@:bassist:

9. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    I ran my SM400s through a GB210 + 410 STD stack for a few years of fairly heavy playing before I switched to Aguilar 12's. Both of those GB cabs together at 500 bridged mono watts was thunderous.

10. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Two GB-12Ts and one 410T-STD. I'd take a GBE 500 or 600 if I could ever find one in my range.

11. genz-benz makes awesome stuff!! I was torn before I purchased A demeter 201,QSC 1602,Bergantino 322...AND still think their stuff is great!

12. I've got a GBE-600 with three LS cabs, 1x15. 1x12, 2x10. It's a great head and the cabs are real nice as well. It's not my only gear, but it's gear that I'm really well pleased with.

I bought the GBE-600 as a back-up to my Peavey Firebass-II. The Firebass is now the back-up to the GB.

For smaller gigs I still use either my Ampeg SVT-III head with an SVT-115E cabinet, or B-100R combo.

I've found that the GB equipment is excellant quality and sound. And when you factor in their price, a very nice buy.

13. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

I've had a couple of the GB combos (ML-112T and ML200-112T) which were great. Good tone, portable and a pleasure to use. I just sold the second one in a move to separates but couldn't afford GB on my budget (not enough used GB heads around to find a deal on one) - but I wouldn't hesitate to buy GB again.