Anybody else watching the home run derby?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eyescream, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I have a weird relationship with baseball. I love the sport, but I don't have the attention span to watch the games, most of the time, even if I do have the spare time. I dig the history and tradition in the sport, though.

Usually the all star events are the only time I really pay a lot of attention.

Hopefully, this won't suck.
  2. bkirk

bkirk Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2003
    Austin, TX
    I got it on and love baseball.
    Go Berkman!
  3. I hate baseball. I went to a game 3 times. Each and every time I sat right behind a guy without a shirt and a hairy back. The bleachers weren't that far apart too. gross.
  4. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Last time I went to a game, I had beer spilled all over me from two guys a few rows behind me getting real drunk and real excited about how well the Braves were doing. I was young, and was excited to just be at a game, so I didn't really care. Besides, it was really hot so anything was a relief.

Crappy seating sucks, though.
  5. It would be funnier if the Braves weren't in the game tho.m :D
  6. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Heh. Yeah, it would.
  7. I think baseball should completely change.

First the game should be a homerun derby where everyone has to hit. No one cares about who hits the most doubles, only homeruns.

Each player gets 10 outs like normal homerun derby thus making the game a lot faster and less boring because there's no defense and silly crap like that.

I think this would improve baseball drastically and ticket sales would sky-rocket.

Just my philosophy.

8. Too bad my man Berkman only got 2nd, but that was an amazing performance by both guys.

Berkman is one of the few good players my astros have left. :meh: