anybody ese testing elixir strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by telemaster1952, Oct 28, 2005.

1. telemaster1952

Oct 18, 2005
    the company sent me a pack of strings to test out on my bass for them. i went to put them on and the B broke b4 i even tuned it. any one else doing this trial? anyone pleased with these strings?
  2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Tested and returned. I had the Nanos, and those slippery suckers wouldn't "catch" on the tapered tuning posts of my EBMM Bongo. I liked 'em on my Jazz Bass though...
  3. Ooo, testing Elixirs, eh? Where do I sign up?
  4. seanlava

Apr 14, 2005
    i took part in the survey, and sent them back. Still waiting on my "special gift"

the strings were ok; they do last for a long time, but the tone is just so-so to start with. I'd rather use brighter, less expensive strings, and change them more frequently.
  5. telemaster1952

Oct 18, 2005
    i need to send them back, the hartke strings im using now are better than the nanoweb ones were
  6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    There is no guarantee that the strings that you received are the same ones that anyone else received.

Also, everyone should still be waiting for their special gift since no gifts were going to be sent until after the first of the year.
  7. I'm getting ready to send mine back. I had the ones in the green box (not sure if nanoweb or poly-web) in the light 5 string. I kinda liked 'em and agree that they were'nt as bright as new stainless or even nickel (well maybe), but they have sounded as good today as when I put them on several months ago. Just started noticing the finish starting to flake.
  8. metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    I forgot the url to give my long term feedback.. I want them to know exactly how the coating reacted to the warm weather!
  9. telemaster1952

Oct 18, 2005
  10. i'm testing them right now, i am about ready to send them back, apparently mine had no tolerance for sweat, because they are in pretty bad condition. i am probably going to send them back this week, i think they said they wanted them back by the end of the year, and they are probably sending out the free gifts out after january...
  11. I've still got my trial set on my Ken Lawrence 5. The Nanos I think. They're nice, but I'll probably just go back to DR afterwards. They're what I know and love :smug:
  12. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I took the survey several months ago but never got any strings. :spit: But it just so happens that the Schecter bass I bought early in October has them on it. I think I like them ok but I'm not sure I'll stick with them. After two months of weekend playing with my sweaty hands they are still in pretty good shape. For the price ($50 5 string set) they would need to last 6 months to replace the D'Addario XL's that I can get for $12 a set. I replace the XL's about every 45-60 days.