Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody ever actually find a MoBass?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by embellisher, Sep 9, 2000.

1. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Does anybody know if this amp is really coming out?

Guitar Center had them in their July and August ads for $1249, I REALLY want to demo one, but, they can't seem to get one in.

There is another SWR dealer in Dallas, they told me they had one back in July, but when I drove straight over there after I called, they DIDN'T :mad:

But, the deal is, nobody can seem to get one of these in, I called BassNW and they don't have one either, never received an initial shipment from SWR.

Anybody ever see one, or, better yet, get to try one out?

2. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Netherlands
    The official release date of the Mo'Bass is the 15th of September 2000. Be patient...

I'm going to check one out the 18th on the MusicExpo in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. I was the first in Holland to order one and I was told that after the Expo and a some magazine doing a review that Mo'Bass would be mine. I just heard that SWR send a mail that the Mo'Bass must be shipped back to the USA right after the Expo.... Damn!! I WANT ONE!!!!

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Damned Guitar Center! They ran the head in their July and August flyers for $1249, never had one, told me they would honor the price when they came in, now they're saying that they will not be carrying them, but I can pay half down and they will ORDER me one.

:mad::mad::mad:

Anyhow, anybody had a chance to play one yet?

4. rmp5s

rmp5s

May 19, 2000
    I want to play one SOOOOOO bad!!! If you go to the SWR web site (www.swreng.com), it tells you about it's release date, what it does, everything, but it also tells you how much it is.....ugh!

5. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Man, you know how many times ive gone to Bass NW in anticipation that they may finally have it?! GGGRRR! Im getting my new rig soon, and if the Mo' Bass doesnt come out soon...im just going to say screw it and get an Ampeg SVT-4 Pro. Twice the power! So im not sure what to do. But give SWR probably another month. I was talking to Evan at Bass NW about it, and he said that the ORIGINAL release date was June. :rolleyes: Supposedly though, its a great, great amp.

6. Don't get too impatient and throw down a ton of money on an amp that isn't exactly what you want! Give it a little more time...especially if you are interested in all the effects the Mo' Bass offers.

7. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Netherlands
    I saw and HEARD a Mo' Bass demo last week in Rotterdam!!! It sounds really great. I was not allowed to play it myself but I got a general idea of what the Mo' Bass is capable of.

All of the effects are usefull and sound like they can be used in a professional recording and/or live session. The two effects that stand out are the Subwave and the Bass Synth.

The Subwave tracks perfectly and very fast even way down to the low B!!! without trouble. (note to JT: I'm unsure about the tracking of the low F#...)

The Bass Synth is really something else. I've never played with a Bass Synth pedal so I can't compare it to anyting else but it sounded amazing. Very cool sound and it's dynamicaly sensitive too. It's even possible to get the octavated tone through the Bass Synth. You can now sound like a dance record.

Now I really want one!!!!!

PS. I agree with Sapo; don't buy something if you are not sure it's what you really want.

8. Bob C

Bob C

Mar 26, 2000
    Duluth, MN
    The Mo' Bass is listed in the Musician's Friend catalog for $1249.99, so either they're here or on backorder. http://www.musiciansfriend.com This is mail order, but I think they have a good "return if not satisfied" policy. Also, Guitar Center owns one of the mail order companies -- I'm not sure if it's this one or Music Emporium.