1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anybody ever had this problem?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by paintballjunkie, May 6, 2006.

1. paintballjunkie

paintballjunkie

Jul 27, 2005
    Indiana
    So there you are practicing,and somebody just won't leave you alone. "What song are you playing?" "Hey, can you play..." "What's that do?" They ask. So how would you tell someone nicely that your trying to practice...Leave me alone and get the hell out?

2. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Where is this that you're practicing where you run into people like this? If you're talking about being in a music store I don't think that really counts as practice.

3. paintballjunkie

paintballjunkie

Jul 27, 2005
    Indiana
    Im talking about home, with family members.

4. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Well I think you could be a little more blunt with family members, then again I don't know your family.

5. redsox&bass

redsox&bass

Apr 28, 2006
    ya i had that problem when i was playing my trombone at school and so i was in the hallway...sorta, anyway this lil kid comes up and says "oh i love those things" i was like ya...
    so im kinda shy so i didnt tell him go away i just waited until he went outside

6. whats the fun in being nice
    Leave me alone and get the hell out
    always works with my brother

7. how dare people try to take an interest in what you are doing...
    :D

anyways, i just don't like when people ask me "Whats the hardest song you know?"
    mainly because the hard songs i know are obscure songs and i know that they are thinking i am going to play some metallica or something, and they always give me a blank stare and and then an awkward silence ensues...several minutes later they ask, "Do you know any metallica?"

8. Lock the door.