1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

anybody ever play one of these?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by snufflewagon, Aug 30, 2008.

1. snufflewagon

snufflewagon

Jun 22, 2008
  2. Friend of mine plays a bass in another band... and he's got this "thing"... but dosen't like it... he goes straight into PA.

His experience.

3. KOOSEE

KOOSEE

Jul 15, 2008
    southern CA
    i've got one of those, it's ok for the money but the sound is rather dull. so if you can save up a little more money for something better.

4. bobbybass85

bobbybass85

Dec 19, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Used to sell them at the shop I worked at, not bad... but I would NEVER play one IMHO. Good power for the $ and not "terrible" tone, but I have had bad luck with build and sound quality.

Another $100 gets you into a GK backline combo, much better and worth the money again IMHO

5. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
  6. behringer, as some may have warned you, is one of those companies with zero quality control and zero expectations for repeat customers. 200 bucks is cheap, but only if it lasts as long as the compeditor, which i doubt.

7. Get either a GK combo amp or a Peavey MAXBass combo amp.

I played out of the GK's and love them, but I will attest (through owning one) that the peavey maxbass combos are pretty sweet as well. I got the 110 (20 watts, 10 inch speaker) and play my SR500 through it with no problems at all. Sound is amazing and it will get loud, I even used it to practice with the youth group band at my friend's church and i heard myself fine over a drum set and vox valvetronix 100w amplifier. You would probably want to shell out more money for a higher wattage amp, but if you have the money I would get a GK, but if cost was more an issue then the Peaveys will do just fine as well (tone is good on it too!)

8. snufflewagon

snufflewagon

Jun 22, 2008
    well the amp i got is a crappy little 12 watt
    from an ibanez starters kit and its served its
    purpose for me lol. 3 years and the speakers
    are finally about to blow on it and i dont
    like the tone it has
    hmmm
    it may seem like i need to change my opinions here
    i gotta go to guitar center and try some out now

9. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Yes, do that. And then, get yourself a GK Backline, or a good Peavey. That 1st one you mentioned,....well, I wouldn't.