Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody ever played Koll Basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by modulusbassist, Apr 17, 2003.

1. I looked at Koll basses website, the basses looked pretty interesting. I've never played a semihollow or hollow electric bass before. Can anybody comment on any of the Koll Basses?

Thanks

http://www.kollguitars.com/pages/koll_basses.php

2. bassackwards

bassackwards Member

Dec 16, 2002
    OREGON
    There's been a Koll solid-body in a shop where I live for over a year. I've never played it. They're asking 900.ooUSD used for it and that particular shop are kind of A-holes about letting anybody try anything over 2 on the volume for more than a minute, so I only try stuff I'm serious about buying in that particular shop. The Koll at that shop is really cool looking and finished in a really eye-catching hot-rod orange with a white pearloid pick-guard. The shape of the bass is like one of those Godins, kind of a weird single-cutaway hybrid. The best thing about their Koll is the custom engraved trussrod cover says "F You", but with the full f-word. Sorry I can't be more help, I'll just go ahead and play it next time I go there.:bassist:

3. They all look pretty cool. Different, but not ugly ot tacky or anything. Looks like nice stuff.