Anybody ever played Koll Basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by modulusbassist, Apr 17, 2003.

1. I looked at Koll basses website, the basses looked pretty interesting. I've never played a semihollow or hollow electric bass before. Can anybody comment on any of the Koll Basses?

2. bassackwards

bassackwards Member

Dec 16, 2002
    There's been a Koll solid-body in a shop where I live for over a year. I've never played it. They're asking 900.ooUSD used for it and that particular shop are kind of A-holes about letting anybody try anything over 2 on the volume for more than a minute, so I only try stuff I'm serious about buying in that particular shop. The Koll at that shop is really cool looking and finished in a really eye-catching hot-rod orange with a white pearloid pick-guard. The shape of the bass is like one of those Godins, kind of a weird single-cutaway hybrid. The best thing about their Koll is the custom engraved trussrod cover says "F You", but with the full f-word. Sorry I can't be more help, I'll just go ahead and play it next time I go there.:bassist:
  3. They all look pretty cool. Different, but not ugly ot tacky or anything. Looks like nice stuff.