Anybody ever played these?? HMN???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BASSBOOST, Aug 21, 2005.

1. I was wondering if anyone here has played these basses or know about them.They are called HMN customs.They look awesome, but I wonder how they sound.Anyone know?? Thanks in advance, Nik
    I'm kinda itchin to get one :bassist: :hyper:
  2. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Kinda funky in a retro way but not really for me. If I wanted something with a completely different approach my money would be going to Micheal Spalt or Heiko at Basslab.
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    These used to go by another name, Norton I believe, and I guess they got some trash from Symantec so they changed to HMN. I've always wanted to try one, IIRC the body wings and pickups were interchangable rather quickly.

Cool, and I'd like to try one.
  4. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    ugly for my fine taste :ninja:
  5. I think they look amazing. Great shapes and cool style. The python is awesome! The other two remind me a bit of the Rickenbacker shape, but overdriven. Can't say I'd play one over a good Fender or Rick but it's definitely unique and I'd love to play one live to see everyone's reactions!

Check these out:

And a good shot:

I like em!
  6. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Played one. Seemed kind of cumbersome to me, but I like Jazz necks. At first I though they looked kinda cool, but now I think they look kinda dumb. Sounded like... well, a generic bass. Sort of tone you'd expect out of a Yamaha or Ibanez. I take it the pickups can be changed out easily, and pickup positions adjusted, but I really wasn't interested after playing it for a bit.