Anybody experience of Behringer 2 x 10 Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TheBassMann, May 20, 2007.

1. Im having transport problems with my Trace 4 x 10 and 1 x 15 cabinets...too big for my car...and no I cant change the car. I saw in a mail order mag during my weekly GAS attack 2 x 10 Behringer cabs with aluminium cones which should hook up to my Trace 250 top and solve transport problem and they claim to handle 300 watts.
    Also for more intimate venues I presumably could get away with just one cab IF they are any good. The store I mainly use is not too happy to let me play with my amp and their speakers and in any case I have never successfully tried a bass amp in a store....it needs a rehearsal room or a venue.

Any feedback gratefully received.

2. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Get ready for a wave of hate toward Behringer! I did a gig (as a drummer) with a guy that used a Behringer 4500 head and Behringer 2 x10. He used a Ken Smith 5 string. It actually sounded pretty decent. Worked well with the 5 string. I don't know how well it will hold up though.

3. AckAckAttack

AckAckAttack

Aug 27, 2006
    Behringer isn't bad for the money.. but compared to your trace gear, it's probably going to sound pretty weak.

Also, I know a good deal of people who have blown the speakers in those.. while putting in much less than 300 watts.

Have you thought about a 2x12 cab? I have an swr 2x12 cab and I love it, nice full sound.. and defenitely smaller and much lighter than my 4x10 and 1x18. I've heard Avatar makes a great 2x12 for the money.

4. D Von

D Von

Nov 13, 2005
    Rhode Island
    Ide stay far away from anything Berhinger makes, just because you might be wasting your time. Honestly, what I really don't like about their stuff is the weight. I had the 8x10 Behringer cab which weighed 180 pounds, about 20 more than most other 8x10s out there. Goodluck though bro.

5. gafbass02

gafbass02

Nov 9, 2005
    cheltenham uk
    True, i used to own one, it was fine with my trace elliot AH400SMX head but wieghed a ton

6. get the paper cones and they will last a life time the aluminum ones are a health issue

7. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    They sound just fine. No problems there. The problem is that they weigh a TONNE! Looking at your post, you're concerned about size - what about weight?
    I'd recommend a decent 1x12 with a neo speaker in it. Several manufacturers make them. The lesser expensive high-quality ones are going to be Avatar and Dr Bass. But you can also get them from GK, Aguilar, Bergantino, Mesa, et al.

8. turcmic

turcmic Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Montreal, QC
    Never tried them but I heard they were great to level big stages :spit:

9. An Aguilar or Bergantino (or other similarly medium to high end brand) 112 will be louder and sound better, not to mention be a helluva lot more reliable and lighter, than the Berhinger.

10. flakeh

flakeh Inactive

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    I currently use that 2x10. I had the aluminium ones, but traded them for paper cones, much better. they handle 600w RMS (tested this, its true) and they sound great! the aluminium ones handle 500WRMS, but they do have a tendency to 'fart' out alot. buy the BB210, its a great buy

-flakeh

11. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    A studio here has a behringer head and a 210 (not sure if it's aluminum or paper though) and I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. I'm far from being a behringer hater, I actually like some of their stuff, but the thing sounds horrible... and if you're used to trace elliot quality, if I were you I wouldn't do it even if they paid me. If you're on a budget look at warwick, eden nemesis... anything but behringer imo. The tweeter was also very noisy.

12. vtwo

vtwo

Dec 16, 2006
    Connecticut
    I've heard that Behringer paper-coned bass cabs aren't bad - just rediculously heavy and without castors (side rolling wheels instead). I've heard a Behringer 410 before; I was probably 15 feet away and I felt as if I was having a heart attack. Good stuff. :D I'm not saying that it was transparent or had good sound qualities, but if you're looking for a rig of doom then it would fit the bill.

I was looking into a Behringer 210, but went with the cheap GK backline instead. I think they're around the same weight; the GK lacks a tweeter though, and the Behringer tweeter has a hiss (what people've said).

Bottom line: if you're having transport issues, don't get a Behringer. They're apparently heavy.

13. SuperSnake2012

SuperSnake2012 floppy b strings

Dec 12, 2006
    Bronx, NY
    For more or less the same price, you can buy some Avatar cabs.

14. stingray69

stingray69 Talkbass Legit

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    I owned their 410 for several months - playing out 6-8 times a month with it. I'll echo the sentiments that:

"A" - It sound great IMO
    "B" - It weighed a ton , one of the heaviest 410's you'll ever meet (about 105lbs I think it was)
    "C" - I blew 2 speakers (on different occasions) which, combined
    with "B" lead me to ultimately sell it off.

Note: I am not someone who plays at ridiculous volumes, nor trying to push unnatural amounts of ultra-lows either. My strong advice is Avatar or Dr. Bass, etc. Just my .02 cents. It may save you a lot of grief from the start, unless you absolutely must have aluminum cones, I'd say find some Hartke cabs on the used market. I love aluminum cones very much too, used to have a couple great Hartke cabs, but in my personal experience (YMMV), what good are those Behringer aluminum cones if they constantly fail?

15. Appreciate all the feedback...thanks guys.
    I thought the Avatar route sounded perfect until I tried to locate a dealer in the UK..none....only on sale in the States so will have to try some alternatives unless anybody knows a way of buying them over here.

16. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Check this out...
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/cat.html?gf=2x10_bass_cabinets&oa=pra
    The gallien krueger and ashdown should be pretty nicer than the behringer. Don't be impressed by behringer's wattage claims, the one I played farted out easily.
    BTW, www.musicstore.de has a 30-day-money-back deal which means that they pay shipping BOTH ways in case you don't like something... at least that's how it works for Greece. This way you can try a cab out and if you don't like it just send it back and get something else (or nothing). Might be the best in your situation.

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021