Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody Gigged With an Ashdown RPM1 Pre?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by boogiebass, May 24, 2003.

1. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Just got one in a trade with good guy Mike Wiley and gigged with it last night. This is the John Entwistle signature version.

Had it driving a QSC PLX 1602 and Bergantino HT115. Blues/Elvis Tribute pickup gig. Using a new Fender '51 Reissue P Bass. Man, talk about tone to the bone! Very impressive. Thick but not muddy with plenty of upper register if you want it. I was especially impressed with the EQ options and tube blend function.

Tasty! I'll post pics if anyone's interested.

2. I have a friend with one. He uses it w/ a 1200W crown powerammp, BBE maxie. Plays it through a Warwick 411 pro cab. He calls it the "warm blanket" It's a very deeeeeep setup. Goodness.

3. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Sounds great... I like all tones I hear from ashdown.

Those pics would be good, when you get them.

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Here ya go, Monty. I was really impressed with how fat this pre was without being wooly or muddy on the low-end. I'll gig it again this coming Saturday night. It also has a 0db/+4db push-button on the output on the back that is essential for matching with this QSC power amp, btw.

[​IMG]