Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody going to see Oteil with the Allman Brothers tonight at the beacon?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by floydman, Mar 14, 2003.

1. floydman

floydman Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2002
    southeast CT
    anybody going to see Oteil with the Allman Brothers tonight at the beacon? I am:D :bassist:

2. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    You are a lucky lucky man.. I however, am going to be seing Billy Joel and Elton John in concert tonight. Say what you will, Billy Joel still rocks

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Could you possibly make your thread titles more cryptic?:p

Lemme help you with that...

4. floydman

Sep 27, 2002
    southeast CT
    wow do the Allman Brothers rock! Esp. Oteil. sorry about the thread title i was in a hurry to get on the road. I was surprised to see him playing not his sig modulus but a Fodera 6, and the usual fender jazz. The set could not have been better i don't think, Layla dedicated to a manager that died a while ago and to Duane was part of the encore-amazing is all i can say. You are quite lucky to be seeing Billy Joel and Elton too, i'm a fan of both.

5. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    When 'Teil first hooked up with The Allmans, he said he was gonna stick with a Jazz(Oakley played a Jazz)...
    Anyway, was the Jazz he used a blonde one?
    Just wonderin'; he used to play an early '80s blonde J-bass around here way back when(EMGs were eventually added).

6. floydman

Sep 27, 2002
    southeast CT
    the jazz he used was sunburst. it looked vintage but then I don't know anything about Fender, so who knows.