Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody got a Mighty Mite neck?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Flatwound, Apr 19, 2001.

1. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I have an old Orlando bass. I defretted it, but the neck is just too flexible. The body seems to be ash, so I was thinking about a Mighty Mite neck to make it into a useable bass. But I don't know how good they are.

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I don't either but I've seen them at Victor Litz Music for under $100.

3. Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    You don't seem to be wrong in this case. I found them using Altavista. That is a pretty good price.

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I live within walking distance of their store ;)

and rarely go there.

5. Laker

Laker

Mar 23, 2000
    I've had a Mighty Mite on my '63 Jazz for about 25 years. The tech who did the work for me set it up with a brass nut and profiled it to my spec. It is one fine playin' neck with absolutely no stability problems. I don't know if today's quality is as good, but I'm extremely satisfied with the product I have.

6. My ebony fretless Mighty Mite neck is attached to a solid Koa body that Mighty Mite made for me 21 years ago. I have been very happy with the neck. Fast and straight.

7. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Welcome to TalkBass, Groove*Rocket.

And I have no idea on the neck thing, I usually get a bass that has a good neck... hehe ;)

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Well, [​IMG], some people prefer to build their own.

Or, sometimes the original neck goes bad through no fault of the owner, and there is a need for a new neck.

9. AssMan

AssMan

Dec 2, 2000
    Minnesota, USA
    Have you looked at Warmoth stuff? It'll cost more but their thrift shop can save you $. A Warmoth will be than $100, but it's steel reinforced, and is guaranteed for life as long it's been finished appropriately and hasn't been beaten against the ground (though it'd probably survive the beating).

10. Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Gluteus-person ;) - yes, I have checked the Warmoth stuff. Probably higher class than the Mighty-Mite neck, but this is for a beater, so $99.95 sounds pretty good.

11. Howzabout those Maple/maple necks from Magic Dragon that are on ebay all the time? They seem to go for under $70.