Anybody got an Eden CXC?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Munjibunga, Oct 7, 2000.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I played their CXC 1510 over in Vegas shortly after GC bought out Musician's Friend. (This was right about when Peavey bought St. Louis Music, but that's irrelevant wrt this post.) I liked it a lot ... very punchy, clear tone. Anybody using one of these or the other CXCs? Any impressions?
  2. Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Sorry, I've got no answer, just another CXC question:
    Has anyone experience with the CXC cabs - how do they perform compared to the David series? (2x12 in particular)
    Thanks, Matthias
  3. White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    Just bumping this up to the top: my local store just got a few in and I'd like to hear what any owners may think of them. If I get a chance to play them, I'll post my impressions.
  4. I played a CXC410 once--it had the most insanely clean tone imaginable. Alas, the stamped-frame drivers didn't like me doing too much synth-style sub-E work on the B string. I don't know if I would use one of them.

I sure do wish that Eden would update its website sometime soon. It hasn't been updated since Winter NAMM '99.
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Obviously the CXCs are not on the same level as the Davids, but they are good values. I find them more hifi than the SWR Workingmans series, but the drivers are not as high power hadling as the Davids, and to my hear they do not reproduce the low fundamentals as well either.

I A/B'd a Metro with CXCs with 2x10, 2x12 and 10-15, and the 2x10s on the Metro spanked the butt off of the CXCs.