Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody have any pictures or own an ampeg 910 cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stanley Design, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Never heard of them until today, but I searched some information and they are extremely unique and vintage. I'de like to see some pictures or something.

2. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Are you sure you don't mean the 810? Those are quite commonplace.

3. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    No, I think he means 910... I'm pretty sure I remember hearing about them somewhere, but I don't know anything about them other than the fact that they're obviously not made anymore.

4. The Ampeg V9 cabinet had nine ten inch speakers arranged in three rows of three, and had a towel bar and wheels. I've never seen one in person, but there have been a few on eBay.

5. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I thought I saw a picture of one here at talkbass two or three years ago. I did a search and couldn't find it though. Oh well.

6. Weird, this was FOREVER ago. Haha.

7. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    AND he did so in a way that's in violation of TB rules :scowl:

8. Least he could do is say his location haha. Now that I'm not young and naive I would never buy a cabinet that heavy :atoz: Gob's guitarist Theo used one of these setups for years though. Pretty neat, I remember making this thread because there was one for sale locally.

9. cadduc

cadduc

Mar 4, 2006
    i have one that was custom made from
    unobtanium
    element number 178 on the periodic table

10. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
  11. bovine mind

bovine mind

Jun 17, 2008
    San Francisco
    ********* I was really hoping someone wouldn't find that :D , saw that add this morning.

at any rate, does ANYBODY know the powerhandling of that thing? any idea how it would compare to an 810E in terms of tone, low end handling?

12. That looks really bizarre.

13. It'll handle 300w I do believe, since the matching head (V9) is 300w. It's actually supposed to be a guitar amp, but it was/is popular for both bass and guitar. Made between 75 and 80. That one pictured above looks tasty.

14. bovine mind

bovine mind

Jun 17, 2008
    San Francisco
    300w, what I suspected, thanks. Probably wouldn't take the droptuned effected punishment I would throw at it. The 810HPC or those Electric Amp 810's continue to be my dream cab.

15. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    It's just an SVT with a distortion and reverb is it not? The cab does have guitar speakers though from what I've read, so I don't know how well they would handle bass. And that would be a pain in the buttocks to find new speakers for to get a proper impedance match if you wanted to re-speaker it for bass.

Quick edit - Just looked it up in the ampeg book - the speakers were aligned in three compartments and ported, so it's definitely got to have a different sound than the infinite baffle 8x10.

16. RED5

RED5

Jan 14, 2008
    Suffolk County,NY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.