Anybody have any spare change?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pointbass, May 2, 2005.

1. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Gonna need the lunch money for the chiropractor.
  3. An overpriced 'collector's item' that can't really be adjusted(strapped on)to a comfortable playing position & would kill my old back if it could. I'm sure it's made very well, but $12,000? My people have a saying:"Smoke another one"*

*Then it will make perfect sense.

Of course, if anyone wants to buy it for me, I'll take it all back. ;)
  4. Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    maybe we can all pool our lunch money, and then get it.....
  5. johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    TalkBassers who have seen the movie "This is Spinal Tap" will get the humour here, "If you know what I mean..." ;)
  6. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Talk about bum cakes :)
  7. They used to have that thing at Bass World in Louisville. Completely impractical, but it still makes me think "cool"!
  8. johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    Right, there is an incredible "cool" factor but I have to consider playing bass live for 25 years, how many times I have had the need to do a mid song change from fretless to fretted.

The answer is once.

My BOSS ME-50b has a "defret" sound that simulates a fretless. It;s nto that gerat but it serves the purpose.
  9. I'd rather have one of those stands(Gracie?)that holds a bass(or, God forbid- guitar)in playing position, w/a second bass, plugged in & ready to go. AB switch to go between, or maybe a pan pedal if you're good(not me).