Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody have pics of beat up or battle scarred Basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by de la mocha, Jan 13, 2006.

1. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    So you back flipped off your amp and landed face first on your bass huh? Have a 20 year old junker that still kicks @$$?
    Had to beat off a pride of hungry lions? Show us your war torn basses!

2. 2nd that motion, but lets have honest to god war torn basses not those ones that are made to look old like pre-faded jeans:spit:

3. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    There have been a few posts like this before.. one of the mods has a bass that has absolutely NO paint on it and like 2 stickers lol the poor thing looks like it was dragged behind a semi from florida to Maine... but It's fully of mojo and probably sounds amazing!

4. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY

LOL!!!!!!!

5. ive got a few holy basses . . . :rolleyes:

Shall post pics later

6. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    Nothing says "battle scarred" like a little blood. It cleaned up fine with no lasting "scars" but I like posting the pic and it's what came to mind when I saw the thread.....

[​IMG]

7. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    What DID you do?!

8. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004

jeezus

i think u may need to work on ur technique

9. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    Actually my techniuqe is fine.....believe it or not.

I just recived a Ric 4003s8 (octaved 8 stringer) in time for a Saturday night gig so I played two sets with it and it tore up my fingers on my plucking hand. It's like playing a cheese grater. I developed blisters which I hadn't had for years.

The following Tuesday my band had a rather important (for us) gig at the House of Blues in Cleveland and I smartly chose to not play the s8 but it didn't matter. Part way through the second song of our 60 minute set the blisters ripped open. Not much I could do except suck it up and finish the set. I actually played quite well and my "dedication" will never be questioned again.

10. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    LOL

Ugh i feel your pain, i had 3 blisters on my plucking fingers, and of course our fastest songs comes up, and we decided to play it faster. Legend has it that I dig in slightly too hard...lets just say its nothing like a little pus and blood to wash you bass in eh :p

11. jazzbo58

jazzbo58 Bassist for My Man Godbey Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2001
    New Orleans, LA USA
    My late 60's P Bass. The real deal!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jim

12. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    I know it has been posted plenty of times....
    [​IMG]

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Is that the Mock Turtle regulators? Or yours?

14. ewww dude

15. plasson

plasson

Mar 21, 2005
    ***:eek:

16. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    An Air Force friend once told me that you can duct tape any object to a jet fighter, take it up to Mach speed and it won't come off. Your *nice* repair job makes me want to believe the miracles of this product.

17. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it holds the universe together.

18. umm my p bass has a little nic out of it, i tend to take really good care of my stuff

lowsound

19. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

Oh My Goodness.........................!!!!!

Simply beautiful....God Bless You Sir....

20. Well, if it ever get's stolen, you can definately call CSI and have it identified with DNA!;)