Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody have websites with free slap stuff?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by afi_rules, Dec 19, 2001.

1. afi_rules

afi_rules

Oct 6, 2001
    Herrin, IL
    im wanting to learn slap. I screw around and i think ok i guess im doing slap cause it doesnt sound like garbage, but then i hear people i hear people that actually know what they are doing and then i realize i do sound like garbage when i mess around. Anybody have websites with free slap stuff? Oh, but, in tab not notation i dont know notation(stupid i guess). Thanks a lot!

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Moved to Technique.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

afi, I know of several sites that have slap stuff in notation, but none that have it in tab. Sorry.

If you are interested in trying notation, www.libster.com is great for learning it, and has a few slap things.

Best free stuff that I have found for slap is the 3 sample lessons at www.slapit.com

4. I think the only good way to learn slap (besides a good teacher) is to get the slap bass program by alexis (i don't know is last name but it does start with an s:( ) Learning to slap is something you need to see not read and alexis does the best job of teaching it that i have ever seen (just don't take fashion tips from the guy);) The only thing he does not do is tell you how he sets up his equipment. but if you tell us what bass and amp your using we can probably help you out.

oh yeah if you want i can try to make a copy of the tape (shhhh just don't tell anyone) If it works i will send you a copy, cause the tape is way over priced ($50.00) I'll p m you if it works.:)

5. afi_rules

afi_rules

Oct 6, 2001
    Herrin, IL
    ok...thanks alot i appreciate it. well today at my bass lesson my techer learned me and thing or two about slap. but now that i know a bit of that i am still guna check out the site embellisher gave me. I want to learn notation too. Thanks again.

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Sklarevsky.