Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anybody heard of ab international amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CrackBass, Apr 22, 2005.

1. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    my buddy recently picked up an ab international precedent series 600lx amplifier. (scored it for free) anybody know anything about them? i'v been to their web site so i know the specs, but i would like to hear some feed back from anyone who has had some experience with them. i'm hoping it will make a good monitor amp.
    thanks

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

I've used a few, and worked on one or two. They're decent sounding, reliable amps, in my experience. Should work fine for monitor duty. I used one for bass for a while, and sold it to someone who loves it for bass, FWIW.

3. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    yea thanks man. the guy who scrapped it said it would cut out every 3 weeks or so. otherwise it worked fine. well i'm kinda handy and turns out the fan was fried. $15 later good as new. can't beat that!!!

4. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    They were pretty highly regarded in the live audio community.

5. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I did live sound for quite a quite a long tie using AB 400 and 1000s. The 1000 actually had 'hot-swappable' sides. Built like tanks and about as heavy! They were unstoppable if you kept them cold. They would thermal off in a heart beat if you lost cooling though ... My experience with these guys goes back to the early 80's though ... I'd say that for the investment, your buddy got a pretty decent deal there ...