1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anybody heard of Probe basses ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Makatak, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Makatak

Makatak

Apr 13, 2002
    New Zealand
    I just bought a [3rd] bass of the local trader , Probe sunburst jazz copy , going to take out the frets for a play at home fretless ,anybody heard of this make ? , I suspect its not " top of the line " huh !

2. Virgil

Virgil She's My Inspiration Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Dresher, Pa.
    I too have an MTD 535, I will try to post a pic but I am new at this and don't know how. If anyone wants to see it, email me at Virgil.Walker@usdoj.gov and I will send it to you. It has an ash body, myrtle burle top, ash neck and mecassar ebony fingerboard. It has growl for days, and the slap tone is awesome. I also have a Keith Roscoe SKB 3005, that has an awesome tone, but can't compare to the MTD' s slap tones. Mike Tobias is an awesome lutheir and a helluva nice guy. I have visited his shop on two occassions. He placed dots on my fingerboard and changed out my bridge for a nominal fee. My soundman tells me that he doesn't have to move my eq off of flat, and the tone is awesome. I have owned Music Man's, and Fender American Deluxe basses, and they can't compete as far as tone or playability. I could go on and on, but I will wait for any questions you many have.