Anybody heard of Probe basses ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Makatak, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Makatak

Apr 13, 2002
    New Zealand
    I just bought a [3rd] bass of the local trader , Probe sunburst jazz copy , going to take out the frets for a play at home fretless ,anybody heard of this make ? , I suspect its not " top of the line " huh !
  2. Virgil

Virgil She's My Inspiration Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Dresher, Pa.
    I too have an MTD 535, I will try to post a pic but I am new at this and don't know how. If anyone wants to see it, email me at and I will send it to you. It has an ash body, myrtle burle top, ash neck and mecassar ebony fingerboard. It has growl for days, and the slap tone is awesome. I also have a Keith Roscoe SKB 3005, that has an awesome tone, but can't compare to the MTD' s slap tones. Mike Tobias is an awesome lutheir and a helluva nice guy. I have visited his shop on two occassions. He placed dots on my fingerboard and changed out my bridge for a nominal fee. My soundman tells me that he doesn't have to move my eq off of flat, and the tone is awesome. I have owned Music Man's, and Fender American Deluxe basses, and they can't compete as far as tone or playability. I could go on and on, but I will wait for any questions you many have.