Anybody heard of Ric Fierabracci?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by eldarking, Oct 31, 2001.

1. eldarking

eldarking Guest

Jul 7, 2001
    Witham, Essex, UK
    Hi everyone on TALKBASS!
    Anybody heard of Ric Fieranbracci? He's Yanni's bassist. I would just like to say that he (in my opinion) is the best bassist. You need to hear his solo in The Rain Must Fall on Yanni's album Live At The Acropolis to know just how good he is!

2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Did you just admit that you own a Yanni CD? Do you have the latest John Tesh CD too?:D
  3. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    i saw him play with frank gambale at the baked potato in hollywood. definitely a smoking player. he was using fretted and fretless pedulla thunderbasses at the time.
  4. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I know he plays with Yawni...same goes for Karen Briggs(violinist in the Stanley Clarke/Lenny White project, Vertu).

Anyway, my only disc with Ric has him in a trio with Scott Henderson(Tribal Tech) & Virgil Donati(Aussie drum guru)...basically, it's a 'roll-the-tape-&-jam-'til-the-$$$-runs out(has some moments!).
  5. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Ric is indeed a stunning player and a very nice guy as well! If you enjoy his playing, do check out the current Frank Gambale double live album, available from with Ric on bass and a selection of drummers including Mike Shapiro and Toss Panos. Ric also plays with Andy Summers...

He's playing in the UK this weekend with Frank Gambale at the Music Live show in Birmingham - I'll be there on the Sunday, playing on the Ashdown stand I think, and checking out Ric in action...