Anybody heard the new Wallflowers CD?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Guss, Dec 15, 2002.

1. I lost "Bringing down the horses" a while back. It sucks because it seriously was one of the best CDs I ever owned.(I'm now downloading the songs one by one, but I think that the fact that I already purchased it once, I can download guilt free.)
    Anyway, I was in need of opinions of their new Cd. Is it good as "Bringing down the horses"? Is it good at all? Does it keep the same sound, or has the band changed at all? Thanks!:)
    (Come to think of it, I don't hear alot of wallflower lovers around here? What's up?:D)
  2. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Haven't heard it, but I'm willing to venture a guess that it's heavy on the organ, has a root-thumpin eighth note bass player, and raspy vocals with pretty good lyrics.

How's that for a review?
  3. Ha! That's why I love them! I don't know if they changed or not. I hate when good bands change.:(
  4. hey, the bass may be simple, but it's simple in a slightly different way. check out "one headlight" - sure, they're root notes, but they could have been easily been straight 8th notes. instead they're played with this galloping pattern that drives the song quite brilliantly, IMO.