Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anybody heard this?? The Tar Babies

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Reverend G-Money, May 6, 2004.

1. Ok, i mentioned this in another thread, but nodody seemed to respond, so i thought i'd start one... Anybody heard of The Tar Babies? (no racism here.. trust me, i ain't about that) The last disc i had was from 1992. I think the bass player's name was Steve Lewis. They were from Wisconsin and the really cool albums were Honey Bubble, Fried Milk, and Death Trip.. some really spacey stuff.. if anybody has copies or can tell me where to get some ;) i'd be stoked.. i was heavily influenced by these cats and i'm jonesing for some tunes...my friends adopted all of mine!!!

Seriously, these guys ripped, their music made it to stores in San Diego so it did get out somewhat...

If this is in th wring forum then move it!! i just wanted to know if i was the only one that knew of these guys... ;)

2. I thought I recognized the name...

Sure I remember them. I think it was a bit earlier than 92. I got out of the Army in 91 and they weren't really playing out by then.

Send an email to Rusty at Rockhaus Guitars, I think he would at least know someone who knows those guys.

http://www.rockhaus.com/

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Wow, a blast from the past. I remember them from old SST catalogues, right?

4. Exactly!!! I've been searching my a$$ off to find some music by these cats.. Those guys put out some seriously funky and wierd stuff...