Anybody here work with Warpedneck.com or know someone who has?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Sep 5, 2010.

1. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I think my bass has a bit of warp to the neck. I was surfing the net to find out if warped necks were fixable and I found this website: Warpedneck.com. Apparently they heat treat your warped neck and remove the warping, getting it setup with just a small amount of relief "for proper setup". They say they can tackle even the most warped necks and only charge $75 (+ shipping there and back).

Anybody here ever use them or know someone who has?

2. mikeyswood

mikeyswood Inactive

Jul 22, 2007
    Cincinnati OH
    Luthier of Michael Wayne Instruments
    Find a local luthier. You won't pay shipping.

3. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Are the results permanent & sustainable or is there a good chance the neck will revert back to its warped state in time?

Riis

4. Big B.

Big B.

Dec 31, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Common sense tells you that a one piece neck will want to warp again sooner or later. Who knows about common sense though?:smug:

5. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Huntington WV
    I'm not a luthier--I'll defer to Mikeyswood and others!--but I've been doing my own setups for several years and other bassists are pretty impressed when they try my instrument.

Here's my thought: are you sure you need a heat bend? IME most decent instruments just need attention to the neck relief and string height. And I dunno that it's worth paying for a heat bend on an inferior bass.

+1 to Mikeyswood's suggestion that you see a savvy (and honest) local tech first, if you're not totally clear about routine setups.

P.S. I saw some of Mikeyswood's basses-in-progress at the Columbus OH GtG. Listen to the man: he knows his stuff. :bassist:

6. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I don't know for sure if I need a heat bend - probably not. I know that I've adjusted the truss rod so that there's about a credit card thickness between the frets and the strings, but the E-string is still too high. If I lower it I get buzzing when I fret at the 12th fret and higher. I definitely need to start by taking it to a good luthier for a setup.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021