Anybody interested in the new V-Bass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassheavy, Mar 7, 2002.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
  2. bassheavy

bassheavy banned

you live and learn.

so are you interested in the V-Bass?
  3. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    You have to tell it how many strings you have? That's a new one on me... Looks interesting, though.
  4. bassheavy

bassheavy banned

the GK-2B pickup that it uses is 4,5,6 switchable.
  5. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I suppose it would have to be, wouldn't it?
  6. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Who needs that? "You can't hear the bass anyway!" :D
  7. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    that's definitely something that will be taken into consideration once i'm rich and famous and have a big chunk of money to drop on 3 custom foderas and a big rack.

then i'll get one for sure! :D

seriously though - if i wanted to outfit my SSII with that much cake are we talking?

8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Shouldn't this be in "effects"?
  9. Hmmm, number of strings required as an input???? 4,5 or 6 are the options - that's not gonna be picked up by JT in a hurry now is it????:D :D
  10. I don't use effects enough to buy one. Besides, you play the bass, nobody could hear it anyway. :D :p

Nah, I'm happy with my meager few effects pedals.
  11. It actually looks kinda cool. I've also seent eh Boss GT-6B which looks similar - but without the additional pickup!!

I'd bought a POD Pro, and to be honest haven't been overly impressed by it - it's effects aren't that great, whih is more what I was looking for. Although, for recording purposes it does add something nice to the sound.

I could see the POD getting replaced by a V-Bass or a GT-6B if they perfom anything like the write ups suggest
  12. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I'll be trying one out if they ever actually ship...
    I'll try to remember to review it here.
    Ordered it a few weeks back.

I don't so much see it as an effects processor(don't really use the POD that way either). I use the VG8 for the modeling and tuning capabilities. I hope to achieve the same with the V Bass. It makes for some interesting concoctions...
    I just hope they ship mine before the first upgrade/add-on comes out.