1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anybody into the festival scene?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Jay Mastro, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Jay Mastro

Jay Mastro

Jun 23, 2014
    New York
    I just wanted to know if anybody was into the festival scene, these are a couple of my favorite up and coming bands out there!

We Are Water by Papadosio

Samurai by Kung Fu

TonyP- likes this.
  2. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    Cool stuff...Not sure how you actually classify it.

Kind of the same way you classify Ozric Tentacles (who I love)

Jay Mastro likes this.
  3. Jay Mastro

Jay Mastro

Jun 23, 2014
    New York
    Here's another good one:

Magreenery by Papadosio

4. Jay Mastro

Jay Mastro

Jun 23, 2014
    New York
    listening to a live version the Domes of G'Bal right now, I really like them, thank you!

5. Jay Mastro

Jay Mastro

Jun 23, 2014
    New York
    @TonyP- listening to a live version the Domes of G'Bal right now, I really like them, thank you!

TonyP- likes this.
  6. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    That is awesome...@Jay_Mastro I dig your taste...
    Faith for the future.
    Ciao Pisan

Jay Mastro likes this.
  7. Jay Mastro

Jay Mastro

Jun 23, 2014
    New York
    Thank you man, have you ever listened to moe. ? I feel like they would be right up your alley, they're music is pretty laid back for the most part but when I saw them live they went into some heavy stuff and man.. they melted my face haha

8. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    You know I'm not familiar with their material but I swear that I guy I did play with was into them.
    I will have to check them out.

Jay Mastro likes this.
  9. Lupob6

Lupob6 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Portland, OR
    I'm a big disco biscuits fan, upset there is no Bisco this year, I'll prob go to at least one day of gathering of the vibes

Jay Mastro likes this.
  10. Jay Mastro

Jay Mastro

Jun 23, 2014
    New York
    I would loveee to get to GOVIBEs, I swear every festival band I listen to has at least a couple awesome performances from there, this year a buddy of mine and I will be going to Camp Barefoot in WV and Catskill Chill here in NY

Lupob6 likes this.
  11. Lupob6

Lupob6 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Portland, OR
    There is also the Hudson Project in NY, couple of acts I've been trying to catch, Marco Benevento, The Bad Plus, and Lettuce

Jay Mastro likes this.